Image extraction not working

serpi

serpi

Hi,

with the latest release of MB server image extraction isn't working for me.

I normally collect metadata with MetaBrowser and have disabled collecting data from Internet in MB.

Image extraction is enabled in every file type in MB config (didn't change anything from default config).

With the older release (about a week ago) it worked perfectly.

If I copied a home or music video (or similar without metadata) to the server, it did create a -poster.jpg.

But now it doesn't work anymore.

After stopping the server, renaming the system dir in MB server directory to system.new, renamed system.old to system and starting the server again it instantly created the missing images but also downloaded the update again.

Is there anything broken or do I have to change any settings to get it back working?

Thanks & ciao,

Alfred

• 2 weeks later...
serpi

So, nothing?

It's pretty annoying that I have to create the -poster.jpg files by myself now :-(

*-poster.jpg is obtained from the internet. You disabled this you said. The problem is your program metabrowser which obtains your posters. Mediabrowser is working as designed.

Are you confusing this with *-thumb.jpg which provides screen shots?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles

Exactly same problem as you...

I even reinstalled windows today but the problem persists...

So it's a problem that has mediabrowser and I think we have to wait for an update to fix this problem.

:ph34r: Hum... media delete still work for you...? :ph34r:

serpi

:ph34r: Hum... media delete still work for you...? :ph34r:

If you mean deleting from inside the description page, yes, this is (still) working for me.

Ciao, Alfred

• 1 month later...

So, there have been already some new releases of the server but extraction still doesn't work. :angry:

Screen grabber is enabled for all types in services, loading data from the internet is disabled, maybe it has something to do with this?

So, please, any help here?!

Ciao, Alfred

JohnWhitmore

I had the same issue OK...I think.

To fix, go into your library view (Dsahboard, then click the 3 lines by "MediaBrowser" in top left corner then choose home).

Navigate to the folder or group that is not refreshing correctly

Press the edit icon near the top

then press advanced refresh

Make sure you select "refresh all data" and "download missing images"

press OK and wait a bit

Been there, done that, nothing happens.

It's a global problem, image extraction doesn't work in any folder.

Even a full manual refresh of sa single item doesn't create the image.

I don't know if there are some settings I have to change to get it working again or if it is simply broken.

It worked in an older version.

And it never created a -thumb.jpg but a -poster.jpg when it worked.

Ciao, Alfred

it won't create thumbs as it is designed to create primary images.  That is a last-ditch fall back for when no other primary image can be found.

Hi Luke,

of course not as I wanted to show that automatic image extraction isn't working.

Now I've added a file "C:\Myvideos\Fun\Transvision Vamp - The Only One.mkv", again no image was created.

I restarted the server, waited for the scan to finish and then entered the newly added item and did an advanced refresh - no picture - and a "simple" refresh - no picture.

Here is the log:

server-63543993486.txt

Ciao, Alfred

ok. it's not even attempting it so make sure the screen grabber is enabled for all video types, just in case you picked the wrong one

Hi Luke,

the screen grabber IS enabled in every possible video type (metadata, services, right?) and it is even the only available image fetcher, just as shown in the screenshot before.

Here is the system.xml of my server:

system.xml

Thanks & Ciao, Alfred

Hi ebr,

there is no other Image Fetcher defined in services except Screen Grabber and these are videos without primary/thumb image as these are unsorted home videos, fitness videos, music videos etc, no series or movies, just videos in a folder.

It should create the -poster.jpg images by itself and it did it some versions ago (before I started the topic) but now it doesn't anymore and I believe it should.

In MB2 and older MB3 server versions I just copied the video in the folder and the image was created, in MB2 in it's own data path, in MB3 it's a -poster.jpg in the video folder.

This is what my metadata setting look like (it's german so I don't know what they are called in english):

53f23cd8c23fd_metadaten.jpg

And here's an example for the music videos settings in services, all media types looks the same:

53f23d9cdd6b0_musicvideos.jpg

So, is there anything I have to change to get it back working?

Ciao, Alfred

i believe it works fine however there were older server releases where it wasn't working. the newer releases are not going to go back and fix what was not extracted before. try a manual refresh using the editing interface. if it doesn't work, post the server log. For the best help, please see:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

Hi Luke,

I don't believe it works as I see it doesn't work.

I cannot count how many times I tried the manual refresh, in the item itself, the folder, the media folder etc, rescanning library, everything.

I just added a file "Transvision Vamp - I Just Wanna Be With You - Live.mkv" into the folder "C:\MyVideos\Fun\" and this it what was reported in the log:

2014-08-18 19:59:43.9394 Debug - LibraryMonitor: Changed detected of type Created to C:\MyVideos\Fun\Transvision Vamp - I Just Wanna Be With You - Live.mkv
2014-08-18 19:59:43.9394 Debug - LibraryMonitor: Changed detected of type Changed to C:\MyVideos\Fun\Transvision Vamp - I Just Wanna Be With You - Live.mkv
2014-08-18 19:59:44.3450 Debug - LibraryMonitor: Changed detected of type Changed to C:\MyVideos\Fun\Transvision Vamp - I Just Wanna Be With You - Live.mkv
2014-08-18 20:00:14.3595 Debug - LibraryMonitor: Timer stopped.
2014-08-18 20:00:14.3595 Info - LibraryMonitor: C:\MyVideos\Fun\Transvision Vamp - I Just Wanna Be With You - Live.mkv reports change.

and later, after library scan was initiated:

2014-08-18 20:00:46.1679 Debug - App: Running VideoXmlProvider for C:\MyVideos\Fun\Transvision Vamp - I Just Wanna Be With You - Live.mkv
2014-08-18 20:00:46.1679 Debug - App: VideoXmlProvider returned no metadata for C:\MyVideos\Fun\Transvision Vamp - I Just Wanna Be With You - Live.mkv
2014-08-18 20:00:46.1679 Debug - App: Running VideoNfoProvider for C:\MyVideos\Fun\Transvision Vamp - I Just Wanna Be With You - Live.mkv
2014-08-18 20:00:46.1835 Debug - App: VideoNfoProvider returned no metadata for C:\MyVideos\Fun\Transvision Vamp - I Just Wanna Be With You - Live.mkv
2014-08-18 20:00:46.1835 Debug - App: Running FFProbeProvider for C:\MyVideos\Fun\Transvision Vamp - I Just Wanna Be With You - Live.mkv
2014-08-18 20:00:46.1991 Debug - MediaEncoder: C:\Users\Serpi\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ffmpeg\20140612\ffprobe.exe -i file:"C:\MyVideos\Fun\Transvision Vamp - I Just Wanna Be With You - Live.mkv" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format
2014-08-18 20:00:46.8855 Debug - App: Saving C:\MyVideos\Fun\Transvision Vamp - I Just Wanna Be With You - Live.mkv to database.

I think I don't have to say that there was no image created in the folder (not even 20 minutes later).

Also, there is an entry in the log (in the library scan) that shows, that MB-Server still tries to retrieve metadata from tvdb even as I have disabled this as you could see in the screenshot above:

2014-08-18 19:58:35.6581 Info - App: HttpClientManager GET: http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=Workout+12
2014-08-18 19:58:36.0013 Info - App: TVDb Provider - Could not find Workout 12. Check name on Thetvdb.org.

I had a lot more of these before for all folders MB thought it would be series or series without tvdb-id, but now I've entered dummy ids for them and the library scan doesn't stop with an error anymore (but that's another topic, I know).

Full log is attached.

server-63543988671.txt

Ciao, Alfred

ok - it's because you have internet metadata disabled. will be fixed for next release.

Thank you Luke and the whole team of MediaBrowser!

Just installed version 3.0.5347.22095 and image extraction is working again!

Thanks & Ciao,

Alfred