How do you fast forward or rewind a specific amount of time in the latest build?

Gaz

Guys please help - how do you fast forward or jump forward a specific duration of time in a movie using the latest version of MB3?

I'm using MB3 on my Xbox 360 and a Logitech Harmony 700 remote and I used to be able to type in numeric values on the old user interface and then hit fast forward or rewind and the movie would skip forward that specific amount of time.

What's changed with the latest interface so that pressing any of the numeric numbers on my remote no longer displays my button presses on the screen?

All I can do now is fast forward or rewind at 30 second intervals when I hit the fast forward/rewind buttons. When I press the numerical keys on my remote nothing happens and nothing is displayed on-screen :(

Can somebody please tell me how you can do a large skip forward/backwards when playing back media on the lastest build of MB3 please!!

Thanks

Edited by Gaz
  • Like 1

Don't use a 360 but have a read of the guide here

I read the guide Yogi - I just can't figure out why the numerical buttons don't work on the new interface so it's impossible to skip forward\backward any specific duration like the guide says it should do!!

Macburp

Guys please help - how do you fast forward or jump forward a specific duration of time in a movie using the latest version of MB3?

I'm using MB3 on my Xbox 360 and a Logitech Harmony 700 remote and I used to be able to type in numeric values on the old user interface and then hit fast forward or rewind and the movie would skip forward that specific amount of time.

What's changed with the latest interface so that pressing any of the numeric numbers on my remote no longer displays my button presses on the screen?

All I can do now is fast forward or rewind at 30 second intervals when I hit the fast forward/rewind buttons. When I press the numerical keys on my remote nothing happens and nothing is displayed on-screen :(

Can somebody please tell me how you can do a large skip forward/backwards when playing back media on the lastest build of MB3 please!!

Thanks

+1 for this issue, I hope @@ebr can crack this problem for extender users when he's back from holiday.

• Like 1

Thanks Macburp, glad it's not just me suffering with this issue!. It's definately an 'extender' issue as I've just been around my house and tried all the remotes I have on all 5 of my Xbox's and the issue is the same on each of them.

Let's hope ebr can sort this issue out for us on his return.

For some reason the numeric entry doesn't work on the extenders. Figuring out if there is anything that I can do about that is next on the list.

thanks for acknowledging the problem ebr, really hope it's something you can get sorted for us when you get the opportunity to look in to the problem :)

Still the same ebr - no numerical values show up on screen when pressing the numbers on the remote :(

Still the same ebr - no numerical values show up on screen when pressing the numbers on the remote :(

Then I'm afraid I have no idea how to fix this.

• 8 months later...
jriker1

Slightly old thread but isn't this tied to the new player that was implemented at some point?  I know I couldn't jump when the player was changed but selecting to run the legacy player in the configuration allowed me to jump forward and back.  Someone here said they were able to get it working with the new interface but not sure how.

JR

MrWebsmith

well on my mbc (again not a 360) i hit a number representing the minute mark i want to jump to.. and then hit play... so 10 + play takes me to 10:00 into the file... this and chapter selecting in the new interface is really all we ever need...

you could see if that works on a 360

jriker1

Tested this a bit.  Here is what I have. 

• Hitting a number or multiple numbers and play does nothing.  No beeps or anything.
  • Hitting a number and the jump button, which it didn't do anything at all before, now just does a basic 30 second jump which it didn't before.
  • Hitting the numbers and the fast forward just does a basic 30 second jump as well.

So still no joy as it's just doing a basic jump ahead one tie no matter what I hit, except the play which does nothing.  Plus considering in a certain release the system lost the ability to save the status of a movie if you quit out and go back in, basically resuming ability, being able to jump long distances is critical.  Only way now to save the state is if you stop the movie, physically turn off the xbox 360, and then turn it back on.  If you stop the movie and then resume in the same session it will start at the beginning.  Earlier EBR said he wasn't doing anything about this.  Something about archaic technology even though I think all in all it's a wonderful setup.

JR

The number keys not being recognized on an extender is a known issue.  I tried everything I could find but nothing made them work.  I have no idea what codes are being sent by the controller as they are not for any of the proper keyboard numbers.