Iphone App - is it functional

dbailey75

dbailey75

Ok, question, I'm a new user.  been playing around with mediabroswer server,  one issue I'm having on my iphone is I can't access my music, the thumb nail's appear, but when I tap them, I get Error:  URL not found.  also, I tried out the ISO play back, same thing, the thumb nails are there, but when I try to play a file, I get error"  URL not found.

If this app is still under development, no worries,  I'm patient, if I should be able to do the above, then yeah, need to figure out what the dealio is,  I can access everything via the internet using chrome/IE, no problem, well, I can view most DVD ISO's, but BD ISO's are a no go.

Pending the answer, I May need to move this to the Server support forum.  Figured I'd start here first.

Thanks

I neglected to say, that I can view pictures, home movies, and movies (MKV) just fine.

Edited by dbailey75

dbailey75

I get the same error, I would assume that the app just doesnt work with music currently. also the "play to device" functionality doesn't work. If I remember correctly he said that he was planning a total revamp of the iPhone app to match the new iPad app he just released. So that would explain why is isn't squashing bugs on the current iPhone version. Also I would expect the next iPhone app to be a paid version.

thanks for the information,  figured that was the case, I'll set back and wait for the next rev of the app.  No problem with a paid app,  itunes home share makes it easy to share with family.  

allen00se

I get the same error, I would assume that the app just doesnt work with music currently. also the "play to device" functionality doesn't work. If I remember correctly he said that he was planning a total revamp of the iPhone app to match the new iPad app he just released. So that would explain why is isn't squashing bugs on the current iPhone version. Also I would expect the next iPhone app to be a paid version.

Spaceboy

From the beta testing I don't believe either the iPad app or the iphone app support music yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starlionblue

From the beta testing I don't believe either the iPad app or the iphone app support music yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Music works in the iPhone app but not in the iPad app.

psykix

Music works in the iPhone app but not in the iPad app.

Not here it doesn't. Just get a URL not found error.

dbailey75

Not here it doesn't. Just get a URL not found error.

agreed. 

I'm using plex now (just started using both products), but I really want to use media browser for the remote and mobile device streaming. I don't like plex having acces to my server data,  kind of defeats the purpose of safe guarding my data on my cloud. keep up the awesome work. 

Edited by dbailey75
  • Like 1