Built-in collection support not working in Beta?

markshu

markshu

In the latest public beta version (3.0.5289.18702), the User/Preferences/Group movies into collections setting doesn't appear to do anything in either the web client or MBC - all of my movies are shown individually, including ones with saved collection id values in the metadata.

Am I missing something here, or is the built-in collection feature (without the Auto-Box Set plugin installed) not yet working in beta?

Edited by markshu

well the saved collection id isn't enough. you have to actually create the collections using the web interface. if you want this done automatically, that's what the plugin is there for.

• 2 weeks later...
The Baron

I also have a Collections related issue after updating to the latest version of the server.

'Collections' is no longer visible in the Web Client.
In MBT, The boxsets are still visible under Movies > Boxsets at present (only).
Auto Boxsets is installed (1.0.0.1).
In the Metadata Manager, the Collections entries are present, under Media Folders.

MBS ver. 3.0.5306.42925
MBT ver. 3.0.5287.42414

Latest server log: http://upstore.net/hV2L9d

Thanks.

The Baron

Well that was quick, just noticed that there is a new option to dispaley a collections view.

Please ignore and I will go stick my head in a bucket.

The Baron

One thing I did note, having briefly taken my head out of the bucket.

After selecting the option to view the collections, and while 'Collections' was once again present under my views, the images (Primary/Backdrop) I had defined had to be re-added.

ab123ga

Updated to 3.0.5306.42925. Prior to the update, I was able to see collections in all clients. On web, selected the option and can see collections there but cannot see collections in MBT or MBC.