Subtitle font/size

psykix

psykix

I've just switched from using MBT with MPC-HC as an external player to using MBT internal player/MadVR/xysubfilter - working great.

Is there any way to change the subtitle font,size and colour etc?

Also moving the subtitle screen position would be good too.

Aphid

You should be able to change the default font settings for XySubFilter in its configuration. Search your system for "XySubFilter Configuration", and its under the "Styles.." button in the Text Settings section of the main page.

psykix

Thanks for the reply!

I did a search, but it came up with nothing. Are you thinking of xy-vsfilter? That had a configuration page but is not compatible with MadVR I believe?

xy-subfilter only consists of a dll and 2 batch files - one to register the dll and one to unregister it.

Aphid

I have an XySubFilter config program on my machine, which I am fairly sure was installed via the MBT setup.

The config is part of the dll. The shortcut points to "C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe XySubFilter.dll,XySubFilterConfiguration"

psykix

Not sure what's different then.

I even just uninstalled MBT and xyvsfilter and did a new MBT install. I was prompted to install xyvsfilter again.

Still no sign of a config program. When I play a movie, then I get the xysubfilter icon in the task bar and can right click which gives a load of options to change subtitle etc, but no config option.

Did a Google and that didn't throw up anything either..

Koleckai Silvestri

Start -> All Programs -> xy-VSFilter -> Configuration (Don't know how that translates to Windows 8.X)

The direct path should be C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe VSFilter.dll,DirectVobSub

Edited by Wayne Luke

psykix

Start -> All Programs -> xy-VSFilter -> Configuration (Don't know how that translates to Windows 8.X)

The direct path should be C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe VSFilter.dll,DirectVobSub

Yeah, I have a configurator for xyvsfilter, but I'm using MadVR and it's not using that, it's using xysubfilter and I can't find a config for that one.

Changing settings in the xyvsfilter one makes no difference - I did try!

I tried the direct path from Aphid's post above but it just gives a file not found error.

psykix

Nevermind, I figured it out - I had to do rundll32.exe XySubFilter.dll,XySubFilterConfiguration from within the folder containing the dll file for some reason.

Thanks for the assistance! I'll create a shortcut for the future :-)

Edit : So much for thinking I'd sorted it.

​I had 2 xysubfilter.dll files. One in a Mediabrowser folder and one that I had installed manually when I was using MPC-HC

The above command works on the manually installed one but nothing changes with regards the subtitle font.

I tried to run the above command on the one in the Mediaportal folder but that gives an error saying there was a problem starting xysubfilter.dll

I also tried changing the font in the xyvsfilter configuration but that made no difference.

I then uninstalled xyvsfilter with the intention of just using the manual install of xysubfilter, but MBT insisted on installing it again when I next ran it!

I'll just stick with them as they are for now!

Edited by psykix