Podcast logos

ebr
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

The images aren't hard-coded so much as they are sourced from the channel provider - usually.  That TED one for the main podcast folder I think is a default provided by the plug-in.

Perhaps we could make it so that channel folders would source their images via the IBN if none are provided by the channel itself...?  @@Luke

• Solution

you can customize your channel images using the web interface, and that will work just fine.

• Like 2

I'm not sure you can do that with channel content because it is all dynamic and provided within the channel infrastructure...

markshu

I've created a set of generic 'orange broadcast' logo images for the podcast channel (folder,thumb,backdrop) and put them in what I *thought* was the correct ImagesByName GUID folder, but they are not showing up in either MBC or the web client. Where am I supposed to put them for them to show up properly in the clients?

markshu

Ah, there it is ... thanks! I normally only use the web interface to access the settings or the metadata manager, so I didn't think to navigate to the content first via the web UI.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

markshu

Hmmm.  Does this means I have to assume that the three images associated with a channel or channel plugin is hard coded into an internal resource file and cannot be customized?  I can certainly find the images used in the ImagesByName folder structure.

The reason I was trying this is that, currently, the Podcasts channel has no folder image and uses a 'Talks By Ted' podcast image for the backdrop and thumb images.  I've created a replacement set that implements the generic 'orange podcast logo' image in the proper orientation and wanted to use those instead.  I can certainly send them to you if you like for evaluation.  The lack of a folder image for the Podcasts channel makes that section of the UI look ... incomplete at best.

you can customize your channel images using the web interface, and that will work just fine.

Oh, okay.  I didn't think we could do that at the channel item/folder level because they would get replaced on the next channel refresh.

i will make sure channel images are retained. channel content though is a little different.

i will make sure channel images are retained. channel content though is a little different.

Okay, so that's what I thought.  In the case of podcasts - is each individual podcast a separate channel, or a just a folder within a channel?

Okay, so back around to the original issue then - modifying those images isn't gonna stick, right?

for channel items, they'll stick, for a while, until the plugin makes a change or fixes a bug that requires fresh data.

Vicpa

Hi

Maybe someone can move this post to fanart ?

I like and use the art from the plugin catalog page for the podcast thumb and backdrop, orange thing with headphones.

markshu's are very nice as well.