Correct Metadata for Band of Brothers?

Blusky
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Blusky

I have been trying to figure out how to get MB3 to download the correct Metadata for Band of Brothers and The Pacific Series that I have backed up.

I am pretty sure that I am setting it up incorrectly. 

I normally rip on a different machine then transfer the file to my HTPC where MB3 populates the Metadata correctly. I do this basically for all movies. My Tv shows folder is set up on my HTPC and it is setup so the MceBuddy process the Tv shows then puts them in the Tv shows folder.  At first I had read that both The Pacific and Band of Brothers series need to go in the TV shows folder and not the Movies folder. I did try that.

This is the way I setup the folder for Band of Brothers , episode 1

Band of Brothers S01E01 Currahee

I then placed the above folder in the Tv shows folder

Can anyone please point out what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

nydude25

Maybe you have to put the episodes in a folder called "Season 1" first, then put that in the "Band of Brothers" folder.

no what he's doing is fine. we will need more information, such as screenshots of the file system and web interface, and server logs from when they were added.

• Solution

I couldn't tell what was a folder and what was a file in your description but you should have a folder called "Band of Brothers" within your main TV folder and in that folder should be the episode files named with S01E01 format like you showed.

So:

\\server\TV\Band of Brothers\Band of Brothers - S01E01 - Currahee.mkv

Blusky

Thanks Nydude25, Luke and ebr for the help. Greatly appreciated.

I tried the suggestions that were given. I created a folder for Band Of Brothers in my Tv Shows folder. I then took each episode's mkv file and renamed it like like this:

Band Of Brothers S01E01 Currahee.mkv  

This worked great for Band of brothers and MB3 populated all the Metadata .

I did the same for The Pacific, however when I select the thumbnail for The pacific in my Tv shows folder it list all the episodes by numbers. episode 1 episode 2, etc and not the episode names. Not sure why it worked well for Band Of Brothers and not for The Pacific?

Thanks.

The episodes are named "Part One", "Part Two", etc. on TVDB, so that's what gets pulled by MB Server. You can either edit the titles manually or somehow convince a mod at TVDB to unlock the series and make the name changes (good luck with that). They consider the titles to be "official" because that is how HBO provides them.

Blusky

The episodes are named "Part One", "Part Two", etc. on TVDB, so that's what gets pulled by MB Server. You can either edit the titles manually or somehow convince a mod at TVDB to unlock the series and make the name changes (good luck with that). They consider the titles to be "official" because that is how HBO provides them.

Thanks bigjohn for the info. It's really not a big deal to me that its named part one , part two...

However if there is a way to change it using MB3,  I would like to try that.

This is for other newbies like myself. I use MakeMkv to rip my dvd's and it will name the MKV file like this:

"title00.mkv" for all my rips.

I was having some issues with the metadata on some of my movies and I found that if I change the file name to the movie name.mkv it would download all the movie metadata correctly.

I am wondering if there is a way to automate MakeMkv to automatically put the movie name into the .mkv file??

Thanks to all, that pretty much fixed all my Metadata issues, operator error of course.....

You can edit the names with the metadata editor to whatever you want.  Then lock them so they don't refresh from tvdb.

Blusky

You can edit the names with the metadata editor to whatever you want.  Then lock them so they don't refresh from tvdb.

I will look into the Metadata Editor and see how I can change that.

Thanks ebr.

I am very happy I fixed all my metadata issues.

Thanks to all.

Edited by Blusky