Snes and other directdraw game emulators with mediabrowser theatre

jscoys

jscoys

Hi,

On a brand new and clean install of Windows 8.1, I'm not able to launch games with a directdraw game emulator. When I launch à game i've got the message telling directdraw failed to initialize....

If i close mediabrowser theatre, all emulators work perfectly! I remember on the mediabrowser classic that we had an option like "minimize mediabrowser when launching". Maybe this option could resolve my problem but I'm not able to find it in MBT...

Thanks for your help!

jscoys

Someone with the same problem? You guys using MBT to launch your games do not have the problem?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Redshirt

Media browser theater doesn't minimize so it's still holding it's directdraw/direct3d reference. Unless that behaviour gets changed there's nothing to be done.

well i wouldn't say it's holding anything. we don't use any exclusive modes or take locks on anything. at this point the issue could be anything, it may or may not have anything to do with minimizing.

jscoys

Ok will write a little c# program that minimize current MBT instance and pass the {path} parameter to my exe emulators. I don't see other solutions and I can't live without MBT ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
jscoys

Ok! Resolved my problem...

In the absolute link, I indicated path with UNC (\\myPC\...). With c:\... it's better. On MBC it works with both, UNC or unit letter.

Thanks!