Music transcoded to 128 kbps?

z31fanatic

z31fanatic

My music collection is ripped to uncompressed FLAC format. When I use my Marantz receiver to play music from the MB server, the files are showing Flac 128 kbps. This is very low bitrate and I would like my files to be played at full bitrate.

Is there a setting that I am missing in the DLNA settings in MBS?

Thanks in advance.

Ghostm

Did you add flac to the list of files that can be directly streamed?

Flac at that bitrate sounds strange, if it would transcode i would assume it would just transcode to mp3.

Your also sure mb3 is actually touching the files? Did you check your transcode folder to see if its doing anything?

I play flac over dlna to my yamaha aventage AVR and it just shows flac and i make sure its not transcoding by checking the transcoding folder or cpu usage. MB3 is not doing anything to my files. 

Ghostm

Actually incase i misread this, if the op was asking to allow users to specify a bitrate/quality setting for transcoding audio in your profile, thats actually a really good idea although i dont know how difficult it would be to implement. Some devices like ps4/360 just cannot play flac but i do like to listen to music playing some games, 128kbps is a bit low if we could specify an audio target bitrate in the dlna settings that would be amazing, especially for audiophiles.

I really dont miss media monkey as my audio dlna server but I will say two things i do miss from media monkey is the instant mix/shuffle for music in the dlna server, and the ability to specify a bitrate/quality for transcoding music. Beyond that dlna would be pretty close to perfect in mb3. 

Edited by Ghostm
  • Like 1