Crashes every time it sleeps

elbow513

elbow513

Howdy MB3,

Firstly I'd like to say how much I love mb3 and the interface with wmc. I love my htpc but it keeps crashing and causing major headaches for my wife and I. Every time we watch a show or movie then put the machine to sleep, it won't work when we wake it up. Sometimes its a black screen that we have to alt+f4 and reopen wmc to do anything. Other times it will be the wmc home screen and the interface is fine but when you try and watch a movie on mb3 or even livetv through wmc, all you get is the blue spinning circle. I have one idea of what it might be...

I think it could be a codec issue because after I close wmc to reboot the software, I notice the LAV logo down in the windows taskbar multiple times. When you goto hover over one of the lab buttons, all but one disappear. I was following a bad guide when I set up my htpc and I think I might have messed up my codecs and that could be what's causing my crashes??? Its just weird how the files all play fine though if its a fresh start of wmc... Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated

This is a common problem with WMC.  You need to either exit WMC before putting the machine to sleep or install the MCE Standby tool which was created just for this issue.

• Like 1