new user having problems with FF/RW in latest release on MCE remote

regularguy

regularguy

Hi everyone,

I am new to MBC but have tons of experience with WMC and MyMovies which works great but I am attempting to move to MBC (due to server issues with MyMovies).  I installed the server on a windows 8.1 pro server and MBC on a windows 7 HTPC.  I am using the standard MCE remote on client PC. The FF/RW buttons on the remote always work for ripped DVDs in MyMovies plugin, however, FF/RW buttons are NOT working in MBC!  Play, Pause, Stop all work, but when I press >|, |<, >>, >> I just hear a "beep" sound and nothing happens.  If I hit ch+/ch- I get the on screen overlay and I see the white box move around, but when I hit "select" nothing happens.  Actually I hit any button (select, play, >, <, ) nothing happens.  I have tried disabling the new interface and enabling and still same results, can't get FF/RW to work!  So frustrating since I'm an engineer and generally know how to get interfaces to work.

What am I missing?  I am on production release.  I tried beta release and ran into another bug??  The move sound plays, but the video doesn't play, so I had to uninstall and re-install production version.

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Artie

Deihmos

Disable the overlay and see how it works. I assume your rips are already in a wmc friendly format.

Everything you have is a video_ts rip?

I can get direct seeking with the seek bar to work with those but skipping does not seem to...