IBN folder on my NAS but not found by server

Justabloke

Justabloke

Hi,

I've got a weird one here and I wondered if anyone had encountered a similar issue.

All of my media is stored on my NAS. These are mapped as follows in the server dashboard.

\\NAS01\Music

\\NAS01\Films

\\NAS01\TV Shows

I access these with a user that has read write pemissions on my NAS server for these locations and all is well. MB classic is happily seeing and playing all my media

I also have a \\NAS01\Private\ImagesByName folder. The same user has full permssions for this folder structre as well.

Using the advanced page in the Dashboard, for ImagesByName I enter :- \\NAS01\Private\ but the dashboard reports the address doesn't exist

I have tried the following -:

\\NAS01\Private\

\\NAS01\Private\ImagesByName

I've mapped a drive and have tried

Z:\

Z:\Private\ImagesByName

I can access this location using the correct user from within Windows explorer but the server is refusing to "see it" even though it can see the NAS as evidenced by the media play back.

I really don't want my IBM folder on my local drive because it should be with teh rest of my media and of course my HTPC has a relatively small system drive and no other drive at all.

Anyone got any ideas?

are you running the server as a service? if so, you may want to review the account that the service is running under, and make sure that account can access those locations.

Justabloke

The service account seems fine to me.. and the server is seeing and serving my media. The only problem appears to be accessing the IBN folder which is on a different path to the media but still accessible to the same user from within explorer

AdrianW

I have my IBN folder on my NAS and it's working perfectly - the path you need to specify is \\NAS01\Private\ImagesByName (which you mentioned you already tried).

I'm pretty sure you'd need to perform a full "Scan Media Library" and "Refresh People" after changing the path.

Justabloke

Well I don't know what was going on but in the end , I uninstalled everything, cleaned up everything, removed and recreated the NAS accounts and reinstalled the MB stuff and its all mostly working now.

computers init! they're weird.