Streaming Bitrate

Lee

techywarrior

Would also be nice for metered connections. I show the app using a very high amount of data compared to other streaming apps (mlb, crunchyroll, etc.)

It would be good to be able to set bitrates or high/low quality or something similar so I don't blow past my data limit.

Nice one, thought i'd post here as opposed to harassing you on twitter!

;)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Viktikus

I'm also baffeled about the Windows Phone 8.1 MediaBrowser application's bandwidth issues... There is no way to set it, like in Web browser version. I think this is quite important thing. :)

ScottIsAFool

It will be coming in the next major update (read: not the next app update, the one after that)

• Like 2

Beardyname

reminds me, @@ScottIsAFool are there any specific things you want us to test? i have seen a few beta builds the last couple of days, but I'm not really sure what has changed? (I'm betting on back-end stuff)

ScottIsAFool

@@Beardyname this next release brings the app up to speed with the latest server updates for security, also has improved streaming (although not changed bitrates, yet).

A full list of changes is here https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.WindowsPhone/issues?q=milestone%3A.62+is%3Aclosed

Beardyname

@@Beardyname this next release brings the app up to speed with the latest server updates for security, also has improved streaming (although not changed bitrates, yet).

A full list of changes is here https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.WindowsPhone/issues?q=milestone%3A.62+is%3Aclosed

Awesome thx :) will try them out and report any (if any) issues i encounter!

• 1 month later...
Viktikus

Hi. Windows Phone App just got updated (nov-2014), but still the bitrate selection is needed. I tried to stream something with 3(,5)G network but it is really not working. Video is buffering all the time. I have DreamWebTV application that streams from E2 settopbox using VLC and there is bitrate selector. 512kb is sufficcient and works bautifully.

There really should need to be bitrate selection...

Thank you :)