DVD Folder Rips - Black Chapter Images

Pais

Pais

I have many DVDs ripped in the format of: server_name\DVDs\movie_name\VIDEO_TS\

It looks like many of my older DVD rips have some black chapter images, while the newer DVD rips have proper chapter images. I think I recall reading that there were some improvements made to the chapter image extraction algorithm for DVD folder rips a while back. How can I go about deleting the existing chapter images to try and recreate proper images?

Here's an example:

53c32d7be2b9f_Capture.png

Pais

Excellent observation ebr, here's what some additional investigation has uncovered:

• Media Browser Server expects the last chapter image to be extracted at 2:30:00
  • Media Browser Server claims the movie has a runtime of 153 minutes, matching IMDB
  • MediaInfo claims the movie has a runtime of 1:14:xx - this also corresponds to approximately the time when credits are shown in the above chapter image
  • Windows Media Player claims the movie has a runtime of 2:32:34

I checked several others and MediaInfo reports a runtime which matches pretty well with the last chapter image extracted for all the movies in question. MediaBrowser server reports the true runtime of the VOB file. Looks like there're still a few kinks to be worked out.

we don't use media info. we use ffprobe which unfortunately has no native dvd support. so we do the best we can with it. but it doesn't affect the core function of dvd playback on an htpc.