Can No Longer Use Web Client on Samsung SmartTV

JohnnyM

JohnnyM

I have a favorite URL in my Browser on my Samsung SmartTV. At some point in the last couple of weeks that link stopped working.

The link is http://192.168.0.3:8096/Mediabrowser/dashboard/index.html.

Now when I click on it, a white screen comes up with the Media Browser Logo in the upper left hand corner. The rest of the screen is blank.

The link has been redirected to http://192.168.0.3/Mediabrowser/dashboard/login.html but there is no where to enter UserName or PW if I had one.

My Sony SmartTV connects just fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attached is Server Log

JohnnyM

server-63540932817.txt

Happy2Play

Do you have "hide this user from login screen" checked?  Had the same result on the win 8.1 app.

Dashboard-User-Advanced controls

Version 3.0.5306.42925

Unfortunately i don't have much ability to test this, but no reason it shouldn't work.

JohnnyM

I only have one user and it has no PW but there is nothing to select a user. I'm on the Beta build.

I did find a Media Browser under "Samsung Link". This provides me with folders of my media libraries and I can play movies thru it. Just a guess but I think this is a DNLA app.

I will look at the Smart TV App when I get a chance.

Unfortunately i don't have much ability to test this, but no reason it shouldn't work.

Perhaps the new logic that is changing login behavior based on the origin of the request?  Maybe it thinks the TV is remote and is trying to only allow manual login but that doesn't work on the TV or something?

JohnnyM
After I couldn't see the login, I tried selecting hide this user because I saw someone else suggest it but that made it so I couldn't get to MBC on main computer.

So I set it back to original. Nothing was different.

CBers

Just tried using the built-in browser on my Samsung TV (F8000) and I don't have an issue.

My 2 users don't have passwords, so just selected one and logged in OK.

I'm on the dev MBS build.

@@JohnnyM - have you tried the Samsung Smart TV app for MB3 (http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/5979-samsung-smart-tv-app-public-alpha-test) on your TV ?

Edited by CBers

CBers

The Samsung Smart TV app works really well, even though it is still in beta.

Not sure why you're not getting the login screen in the browser on your TV. Which model TV is it?

Which URL are you using?

I used http://IPADDRESS:8096/mediabrowser and I got the login screen.

JohnnyM

I tried your link and it returned with the login URL with a blank screen just like it has been returning.

The TV Model is UN40EH5300F but there has been a lot of software updates.

moviefan

Perhaps the new logic that is changing login behavior based on the origin of the request?  Maybe it thinks the TV is remote and is trying to only allow manual login but that doesn't work on the TV or something?

Sorry to be off topic but does this functionality currently exist?  I was considering asking for a feature request to add the exact behavior.  MB can require a password if the login is remote?

CBers

I tried your link and it returned with the login URL with a blank screen just like it has been returning.

The TV Model is UN40EH5300F but there has been a lot of software updates.

Strange. Your user isn't hidden from the login screen?

Have you tried adding another bog-standard account and seeing if that shows up?

Edited by CBers

david3663

I actually just noticed this same thing on my old iPad when I turn on debug in safari I get some js errors.

@@Luke

Hope this helps.

post-209-0-27901700-1405436507_thumb.png

post-209-0-95891500-1405436521_thumb.png

Edited by david3663

david3663

@@Luke was any of the info in those screens any help? I really miss being able to browse on my old iPad.

• Like 1

w84no1

@@Luke was any of the info in those screens any help? I really miss being able to browse on my old iPad.

I have the same problem with my 1st gen iPad, can't use MB3 until this is fixed.

• Like 1

david3663

Yeah i know its a pain I'm sure @@Luke will look into it just probably busy with other things that take priority over this.

i put in some fixes for older browsers so once the current beta goes stable you'll have them. if it still fails we're going to need either an ipad gen 1 donation or a developer with the device to step up and debug it. it tests fine with last year's ipad mini.

• Like 1

david3663

Should it already be in the dev build if so it didn't seem to work?

@@Luke this is the what i get on an older version of chrome on 1st gen ipad.

post-209-0-89872400-1406683619_thumb.png

doh i mistyped in web address lol. yeah its just a blank page with chrome aswell.

Edited by david3663

• 1 month later...
Spaceboy

so, i'm happy to post my 1 gen ipad to someone to get this resolved. i'd prefer it if they were in the UK and i want i back, i'll send a donation to cover postage. is anyone willing to take this on?

• 3 months later...
JohnnyM

Follow up. I tried the app on my Sony TV today and got the same blank screen but I hit the enter button and guess what. The system responded with the home screen and the MB3 worked just fine and rapidly.

Johnny

• Like 1