Auto boxset problem - possible to un-boxset?

montay3658

montay3658

I downloaded the auto boxset plug in for mediabrowser to see what the boxset movies would look like on MBT. They dont display properly on MBT and I cant figure out how to get it to work. I've tried rescanning the library from mediabrowser dashboard and refreshing boxsets from dashboard, had no luck. I've attached a picture of what it looks like. Is it possible to undo the effects of the auto boxset plug in? I've uninstalled the plug in, restarted the server and rescaned the library and started up MBT, but it still looks the same. Any help would be greatly appretiated! Thanks!

post-4771-0-69410800-1405456769_thumb.jpg

candyman

to delete the boxsets just delete the folder C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data\collections and its contents then to a library rescan

montay3658

hi candy man, thanks for your reply! I have just tried your suggestion and it hasnt worked sadly? is there any other folders i need to delete possibly?

Would care to explain more about the issues you had with the plug-in?  It should work pretty well as long as you have decent metadata and I recently improved it so that, if you have bad data that puts the wrong items in sets, when you delete them from the set with the web client, it fixes up your metadata and they won't come back.

Dibbes

@ebr: Not sure if the following comes in handy for you, thought I'd share anyway:

I had some similar issues as described above by montay3658. It turns out that these collections are not publicly available anymore on TMDB. An example is: MB Auto Set [tmdbid=174301]  and the movies "The Abandoned (2006), Penny Dreadful (2006) and Reincarnation (2005)" These movies were part of the collection "After Dark Horrorfest 2006".

Here the xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<Item>
  <ContentRating>R</ContentRating>
  <Added>30/07/2014 20:01:40</Added>
  <LockData>false</LockData>
  <Type>Collection</Type>
  <LocalTitle>MB Auto Set [tmdbid=174301]</LocalTitle>
  <DisplayOrder>PremiereDate</DisplayOrder>
  <TMDbId>174301</TMDbId>
  <CollectionItems>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Name>The Abandoned</Name>
      <Type>Movie</Type>
      <Year>2006</Year>
    </CollectionItem>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Name>Reincarnation</Name>
      <Type>Movie</Type>
      <Year>2005</Year>
    </CollectionItem>
    <CollectionItem>
      <Name>Penny Dreadful</Name>
      <Type>Movie</Type>
      <Year>2006</Year>
    </CollectionItem>
  </CollectionItems>
</Item>

The Jeff Dunham Comedy Collection seems to have changed collection number on TMDB. Is there a way to link these two ID's within the plugins, as unfortunately, the plugin picks the first number it finds.

Old tmdbid: 100604

New tmdbid: 271371

Edited by Dibbes

That is some of the bad data to which I was referring.  Unfortunately, the tmdb collection data has undergone a bunch of changes and this causes the auto plug-in a lot of problems.

However, removing the bad collection, should fix the bad data in the source movies and they will no longer be created.

Dibbes

That is some of the bad data to which I was referring.  Unfortunately, the tmdb collection data has undergone a bunch of changes and this causes the auto plug-in a lot of problems.

However, removing the bad collection, should fix the bad data in the source movies and they will no longer be created.

Unfortunately the collections were re-created after deletion.

My workaround was, in case of the Jeff Dunham collection, to add the new ID with the <TMDbId> tag while leaving the old one in the xml as well, basically now having two ID´s. This made sure the metadata was pulled down properly.

In case of the after dark fest, I added the rest of the metadata manually, as there doesn´t seem to be a new collection ID on TMDB.

Exactly how did you delete them?

Also, what version of the auto box set plug-in?

Dibbes

Exactly how did you delete them?

Also, what version of the auto box set plug-in?

I just removed the collection items from %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data\collections\

Got the latest release version posted installed, 1.0.0.2

Okay, so yeah, if you just delete the folder out from under the system then it will re-create it.

If, however, you had used the web facility to delete the collections/members that were created due to bad data, then those would not come back.

• Like 1

Dibbes

Okay, so yeah, if you just delete the folder out from under the system then it will re-create it.

If, however, you had used the web facility to delete the collections/members that were created due to bad data, then those would not come

Good point... last time I used the mediabrowser webpage I don't even remember, so it never occurred to me to check. Thanks for the tip :)