DLAN Mede8er as DMR

TrackZ

TrackZ

Has anyone tried this?

The Mede8er boxes support being DMRs and could be an amazing target for MB3 playback. Control from a mobile app or web client and play to the Mede8er with full support for pretty much any and all codecs as well as MVC 3D in an MKV file.

Edit: Oops, meant to type DLNA in the title.

Edited by TrackZ

• 2 weeks later...

I am curious about this too since I am considering a Mede8er player.  However, I would prefer Mede8er to have a full-fledged client that talks directly to the MB server rather than having to use a mobile app to control it.

TrackZ

I am curious about this too since I am considering a Mede8er player.  However, I would prefer Mede8er to have a full-fledged client that talks directly to the MB server rather than having to use a mobile app to control it.

I went ahead and picked up a Mede8er 800X3D to try out. I'm not impressed. The DLNA play to from MB doesn't work consistently. A standard BD rip from an MKV will play and even does work with HD audio and such. As soon as anything deviated from that codec support though, it failed. MKVs with PGS subs didn't work. 3D didn't work. Other codecs didn't work. Once a playback failed as well, it wouldn't come back working.

I didn't try finding the MB3 server through the Mede8er. I'm not sure if that works. I did try playing content right off my PC shares though and Synology NAS. That was mostly OK. Although the 3D ISOs I had made with the newest TSMuxer didn't play back in 3D properly.

I about 99% sure I will be returning the device and just going HTPC.

Sorry to hear that.  I guess I will continue to use my blu-ray player to play my 3D movies although using the actual disks seems so unnatural :).

buddyweiser

It might just be that the dlna profile for that device just needs refining.

Sent using my Optimus L90

TrackZ

I was using a custom profile. I can post it later. Essentially though the Mede8er should play anything. I set it to direct play Mkv, all audio and video codecs without any constraints. That should be all there is to it. It was doing direct play and was using the custom profile properly.