Media player stops playing music after exiting screen

MKANET

MKANET

About a couple of months ago (when deciding to use Plex or MediaBrowser3), one of the first things I noticed was an issue with the way music playback was handled on MediaBrowser3 client (at least on Android)

Issue:

MediaBrowser 3 client abruptly stops playing audio-only media after user tries to navigate to any other screen.  Music playback should not be disrupted; while navigating to other MediaBrowser3 screens. 

Expected Behavior:

The expected behavior for audio-only media playback is to continue streaming/playing the audio in the background (while navigating to other screens in MediaBrowser3).

Edited by MKANET

MKANET

I hope I didn't post in the wrong sub-forum.  If there's a better place to ask this, please let me know!

• 2 weeks later...
MKANET

Thank you for your response.

Is there any way to follow the progress of this feature addition?  I tried looking for the issue related to this on github; but, wasn't sure which issue is related to this.

BTW:  I think you guys have done an amazing job so far.  Please keep up the great work!

Edited by MKANET

Redshirt

I don't use that repo to track issues as the code is on a different private repo. However I'll be looking into tracking issues/progress more publicly in the near future.  

Edited by Redshirt

MKANET

Thank you for the quick response.  So, is there any method for for me to check if this feature is included in an upcoming Android client release (without having to install and configure Mediabrowser each time there's a new update)?

Redshirt

You can keep an eye out for the blog posting that will accompany the releases. But as for that feature it will be in the next update. Along with some other music specific goodies.

• Like 3

MKANET

I can see why there's so much attention lately with MediaBrower 3.  The developers are aggressively adding very useful features!