Files rename plugin

Airbender

Airbender

Hello

It would be nice to see a file rename or video rename script to be added into MB3 so the tv show or movie get renamed properly like file bot does or the renamer does

Thank you

• Like 8

johnchimpo

I agree with this so much. MetaBrowser was serving this function on movies for me until I moved to MB3 last week and also one of my RAID drives crashed so I just thought it was time. However, it can be quite annoying that MB3 pulls the metadata on a movie but doesn't rename the file or the folder to the correct title. Sickbeard performs this function great for my TV, but my movies and videogames are just sitting there with little misspellings, typos and superfluous data in the file name.

swhitmore

I agree with this so much. MetaBrowser was serving this function on movies for me until I moved to MB3 last week and also one of my RAID drives crashed so I just thought it was time. However, it can be quite annoying that MB3 pulls the metadata on a movie but doesn't rename the file or the folder to the correct title. Sickbeard performs this function great for my TV, but my movies and videogames are just sitting there with little misspellings, typos and superfluous data in the file name.

Couch Potato is a great equivalent to SB for movies. It handles renaming etc.

mboehler

I would like to see something like this as well.

To be honest, the only reason I am still using Media Center Master is because it call poll a folder for new files, determine if the new files are movies or TV show episodes, rename them, and then move them to the appropriate folder.

MCM can also download backdrops, clear art, and trailers, but MB3 does that already.  If MB3 could do the moving and renaming then I could get rid of MCM completely.

• Like 2

sfnetwork

If I were to add renaming i would just go the external drop folder route.i think that's the best approach. download to a drop folder. have mb3 watch that folder and rename/move to the corresponding media folder.

This would be one step closer to being able to stop my MetaBrowser RT monitoring.... 

johnchimpo

CP was regularly pulling bad NZBs and duplicates for me. Wasn't worth the amount of bandwidth it was using and the time to fix it for me, so I've gone back to manual pulls.

CBers

I stopped using MCM months ago and now solely use SB & CP to download, rename and move and let MB3 fetch metadata. 

Couldn't be any simpler. 

mboehler

I stopped using MCM months ago and now solely use SB & CP to download, rename and move and let MB3 fetch metadata. 

Couldn't be any simpler. 

I'm not familiar with SB or CP...  Perhaps I need to go check them out.

CBers

I'm not familiar with SB or CP...  Perhaps I need to go check them out.

Have a read of this

It's a bit out of date, but it's a good starting point. 

PS. Can't help thinking you're TJ Thyne whenever I see your avatar :) 

sfnetwork

Couldn't be any simpler. 

But it can't (CP) when using uTorrent (compressed). That's one of the many situations where I wouldn't be able to fully rely on CP renaming...

mboehler

Have a read of this

It's a bit out of date, but it's a good starting point. 

Thanks!  I'll go check it out right now.

Maybe I am TJ Thyne. ;)

Actually people say I look a bit like him, so I stole his pic to use for my own. LOL

rofl, yeah I was thinking he was Hodgins.

• Like 1

mboehler

If I were to add renaming i would just go the external drop folder route.i think that's the best approach. download to a drop folder. have mb3 watch that folder and rename/move to the corresponding media folder.

Yes!  This would fantastic. :)

CBers

But it can't (CP) when using uTorrent (compressed). That's one of the many situations where I wouldn't be able to fully rely on CP renaming...

You can add a script to rename the torrent once it's downloaded and unpacked. 

See here for info. 

Or, stop using torrents ;)

Anyway, I think we've said enough about all this and should draw a line  :ph34r:

Edited by CBers

CBers

Maybe I am TJ Thyne. ;)

Actually people say I look a bit like him, so I stole his pic to use for my own. LOL

:) 

rofl, yeah I was thinking he was Hodgins.

:) 

sfnetwork

You can add a script to rename the torrent once it's downloaded and unpacked. 

See here for info. 

Thanks, for that, interesting.

I still think those are only "work around" for the main missing feature; MB renaming, so +1 for the feature request.

MB is simple to use but still does a lot. Renaming would simply be an additional feature that would keep the "simple" and "easy to use" factor (like metadata, genre cleaner, etc...)

• Like 13

Yes please, otherwise if MB3 will go a head and start renaming my titles, for sure I will not use it.

• Like 1

sfnetwork

SickBeard, CP, etc... all have rename function but I would rather see MB doing this centralized like MetaBrowser.

I want to have a standard and most important, if I got the movie from another source (not CP), I want this same rename standard to apply.

The way I see it, this should be integrated in the metadata section, not a separate plugin with, maybe later on, renaming options, etc... 

If enabled (renaming), it would run based on the metadata so ex, if want to manually modify in "edit" in web client, "save" would save my changes in metadata AND process the renames (including XBMC files if using the XBMC plugin as well...)

Edited by sfnetwork
  • Like 1

Before anyone gets excited, i can't take this on right now. It also doesn't need to be a core feature and could easily be in a plugin. All it has to do is monitor a drop folder, copy + rename. The core will take care of the rest.

I brought this up with Radeon a while ago, so maybe he or someone else will have interest in it.

• Like 1

crashkelly

if such a plug-in were to be made adding utorrent web support would make it so I don't need MCM any more.  

Agreed. I am looking for a way out of MCM as well. Not that I do not love that software, but I am doing as much as I can with MB3 but I am still having to do TV with MCM.

Cheers

Deihmos

CP was regularly pulling bad NZBs and duplicates for me. Wasn't worth the amount of bandwidth it was using and the time to fix it for me, so I've gone back to manual pulls.

Set it to manual. I actually have cp auto getting stuff for me based on reviews and handling all the renaming. 

Deihmos

Set utorrent to move the downloads to an appropriate folder and append the torrent label to the folder. All you need to do is set the watch folder in cp. CP can already add labels for utorrent. 

Edited by Deihmos