Moving from MCM, Images not downloading - Please help

Naurhir
Go to solution Solved by Naurhir,

Naurhir
I was an MCM + MB2 user, but now I am having issues with MB3.

I read through enough guides and forums and posts and came to the conclusion that I would just use MCM for bulk renames, and use MB3 for all metadata needs.

I am a supporter for mb2 and mb3, have coverart, and just about all the available bells and whistles.

My issue, is that loading the images on a 1200 item movie library to sort on the server was taking forever when I was using the art in the media folders that were originally downloaded by mcm.

I have a large SSD, and a lot of slow usb2 external harddrives. I would assume that the SSD with centralized storage would be the best option for me (backed up via crashplan, so no worries with restore problems and bandwidth etc.)

The issue I am having is that images don't 顕ppear to be downloading.

This is what I see:

Edited by Naurhir

Hi, welcome. Deleting the images won't cause the server to magically start downloading new ones. Instead use the web interface when you want to do this type of thing. Navigate to a movie -> click edit -> click refresh. Try that and report back.

• Like 1

Naurhir

I was going in there, doing advanced refresh on the bulk movie folder, and selecting to refresh all data, and download missing images.  That didn't produce any results, so I did the same with replacing images.

Performing this on a single file also doesn't do much:

http://prntscr.com/44l3fw

The log shows only:

2014-07-20 10:51:04.1760 Info - App: Client connected from 127.0.0.1:60237
2014-07-20 10:51:52.3797 Info - App: MovieDbProvider: Finding id for item: 2 Guns

I tried installing the latest beta to see if there was something it needed to replace.

Is there a status file or .lock file I can edit or remove to prompt it to attempt downloading all images?

Naurhir

I had some issues with too long of names, so I renamed a lot of episodes to remove the video and audio specs from the names.

I also thought maybe there was something blocking the requests, but even disabling all of the various protections I have, none made a difference.

Naurhir

From above It looks to connect to the metadata provider, but never gets a response:

2014-07-20 10:51:52.3797 Info - App: MovieDbProvider: Finding id for item: 2 Guns

That provider is this one:

https://code.google.com/p/videobrowser/source/browse/MediaBrowser/Library/Providers/MovieDbProvider.cs?r=5ff0ed5fda71f352e32fdd219a964a40156334dc

I am unsure which provider this is:

2014-07-21 13:44:10.8568 Debug - App: Running OmdbItemProvider for \\192.168.1.100\Movies\About Time (2013)\About Time (2013).mkv

I do have Netbios disabled, could that be an issue anywhere?

Naurhir

See anything in the logs?  I am still fairly baffled.  Should I just gut and reinstall mediabrowser3 from scratch?

I'm not sure. i really just need one log. i got lost in all the ones you included. i really just need the one log from the steps i requested in post #2

Naurhir

Still not having any luck.  Is there a way to mass-import from MCM?  I can use MCM to download just fine, then sort with MB3?

Spaceboy

I still use mcm. I let mcm do all the moving and downloading and then let mb3 pick up the results. I have lifetime sub to mcm though so I kind of feel I need to use it!

BATTLE DONKEY

From a post by ebr I recently read MCM doesn't provide all the data that MB scrapes which may cause problems later on. I.e. the auto boxsets plugin needs boxset/collection data that MCM doesn't provide.

I too used MCM for a long time and was reluctant to let it go but I finally bit the bullet n let MB take care of all my data. It is right pretty much every time and allows me to go in and change anything I want after. I have no complaints at all about the server dealing with my data and haven't used MCM in about almost a year already

Edited by BATTLE DONKEY
  • Like 1

Naurhir

Yeah, I also have a lifetime license, but I really want to centralize things on my SSD.  

I have a thread on the MCM forums to see if they have a route for me too.

I deleted my library and cache, and am rebuilding it all now.  It is taking days to scan the library, but hopefully when it completes it will work out.

Naurhir

What do you make of this:

2014-07-25 04:00:03.7022 Info - App: Stopping chapter extraction for Ender's Game (2013) because a chapter was found with a position greater than the runtime.
2014-07-25 04:00:03.7082 Info - App: Stopping chapter extraction for Delivery Man (2013) because a chapter was found with a position greater than the runtime.
2014-07-25 04:00:03.7242 Info - App: Stopping chapter extraction for Don Jon (2013) because a chapter was found with a position greater than the runtime.
2014-07-25 04:00:03.7442 Info - App: Stopping chapter extraction for Frighteners, The (1996) because a chapter was found with a position greater than the runtime.
2014-07-25 04:00:03.7542 Info - App: Stopping chapter extraction for Now You See Me (2013) because a chapter was found with a position greater than the runtime.
2014-07-25 04:00:03.7762 Info - App: Stopping chapter extraction for Grudge Match (2013) because a chapter was found with a position greater than the runtime.
2014-07-25 04:00:03.7762 Info - App: Stopping chapter extraction for Oblivion (2013) because a chapter was found with a position greater than the runtime.
2014-07-25 04:00:03.8112 Info - App: Stopping chapter extraction for Safe House (2012) because a chapter was found with a position greater than the runtime.

And this:
2014-07-25 03:22:19.3687 Debug - OpenSubtitleDownloader: Imdb id missing

And this
2014-07-25 03:22:08.8401 Debug - OpenSubtitleDownloader: Episode information missing

I have chapter image extractions disabled, so what is with the mass chapter extraction issues (there are hundreds, this was just a small sample)

Does the library scan have to complete so that it can locate the imdb id?

Beardyname

Chapter extraction and Chapter image extraction are two different things though :)

What that log snip looks like is that the file is telling you that it has a chapter xx:yy in the movie, but! the movie is actually shorter than the location of that chapter.

• 2 weeks later...

well i wouldn't run them all at the same time. scheduled tasks are meant to be just that - scheduled tasks. they're not designed for you to hammering them repeatedly by running manually. i would just leave them alone and let them run on their own.

• Solution
Naurhir

The scheduled tasks were taking over a week, and still not showing progress.

I think my issues are resolved now though.

What I did:

I am on Win7, so I opened the cmd prompt, and ran the following on all of my media directories:

del /s *.jpg

del /s *.png

del /s *.xml

del /s *.srt

I gutted all of the plugins that were installed to MBServer, and had debug mode on for logs.

I saw issues with a few movies / shows that TheMovieDB scan couldn't identify.  A specific one is: Leon - The Professional (1994).  I am not sure if this is due to the missing accent in the name Léon, but either way, I just removed that folder from my scan directories.  I ran into this several times.

I am under the impression that the following naming scheme was one of my issues:

Movie, The

I used MCM to mass-rename the files & folders back to:

The Movie

Some combination of this resolved the issue, and now my library scan completes within about 10minutes.

I was having issues with ffprobe.exe crashing at times, and also was using a dev build that wasn't letting me access localhost in Chrome, but the first seems to be fine to ignore, and the second was resolved with another dev build.

Edited by Naurhir

Naurhir

In MCM, if the autoscan cannot identify a movie, it prompts you to choose from a list, or input an imdb id.  Is there a similar functionality for MBServer I can install or enable?  I still have a few dozen files that aren't being recognized, and rather than diving into logs, it would be easier if a prompt happened.

Thanks!