Latest version blue bars playing

jriker1

jriker1

A couple releases ago when playing movies I am getting blue bars, small ones, on the top and left side of the screen. But only when playing movies. Not when looking at the menus. Sometimes during playing a movie the blue bars will come and go. Any thoughts how to fix this? Is this different than adjusting the navigation main menu?

JR

buddyweiser

A couple releases ago when playing movies I am getting blue bars, small ones, on the top and left side of the screen. But only when playing movies. Not when looking at the menus. Sometimes during playing a movie the blue bars will come and go. Any thoughts how to fix this? Is this different than adjusting the navigation main menu?

JR

I am on my phone at the moment so can't provide specific details, but you might try a forum search for overscan/underscan. This issue has been resolved by most people seeing the issue.

jriker1

Do you view MBC using an extender? Or directly on an htpc?

Sorry was just coming back to post that. I'm on an Xbox. And for your second response. I have adjusted for overscan when I had blue bars on the menus. This version of media browser seems to take over play functionality. The ability to type in a number and then forward and have it jump 30 seconds times the number typed in is no longer there with the new navigation that overrides the default play functionality. Plus now I have blue bars when playing movies where if I play the movie they the built in xbox player it is fine.

Also the overscan/under scan issue was always consistent. This blue bar problem seems to come and go as the movie plays.

JR

Edited by jriker1

jriker1

Thanks for the replies. Seems the right answer for me was to disable the new custom player. Didn't know you could do that so thanks for the pointers. New player is nice looking but loosing the ability to type in a number on the remote and then the forward button to jump x number of 30 second blocks and the blue bars when the video played was horrendous for me.

JR

buddyweiser

Thanks for the replies. Seems the right answer for me was to disable the new custom player. Didn't know you could do that so thanks for the pointers. New player is nice looking but loosing the ability to type in a number on the remote and then the forward button to jump x number of 30 second blocks and the blue bars when the video played was horrendous for me.

JR

I had the same issue as you with extenders. I solved it, and still use the new player interface, as well as maintaining the ability to enter a number and fwd/rwd.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
overClocked!

Have a look here http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/7937-Underscan-after-latest-update I feel confident it will resolve your issues.

THANK YOU!!! THIS PROBLEM WAS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! This registry tweak worked great for me after upgrading to the latest MBC version on Windows 7 ( I don't use extenders). I can now enable the custom player interface an enjoy its new playback features in full screen.

• 6 months later...
jriker1

I had the same issue as you with extenders. I solved it, and still use the new player interface, as well as maintaining the ability to enter a number and fwd/rwd.

Hey Buddyweiser, assuming still watching this thread.  How did you maintain using the new interface and also be able to jump forward and backwards using the number keys on the Xbox?

Thanks.

JR

buddyweiser

Hey Buddyweiser, assuming still watching this thread.  How did you maintain using the new interface and also be able to jump forward and backwards using the number keys on the Xbox?

Thanks.

JR

Sorry bud, to be honest I don't remember. I don't use the extender anymore so not sure if I could help you out. Also, I have lost the xbox remote :s