Noob 1st timer! Gamebrowser3 help!

liabella

liabella

Hi All,

I am a noob to this having been encouraged to set this up from my brother.

I have MB Server and also MB3 running, and media is all good. My issue is with Gamebrowser 3

I have followed the tutorials and added the games via the server, then added the media folder to the library area on the dashboard.

It then says to add the plugin with Media Browser Classic (through the configurator) but it only shows Chocolate theme plug in. No option to view or select any others.

Am I missing something?

Cheers

Michael

porkbone

Hi Michael,  you install Gamebrowser Classic within Mediabrowser classic while it's running. Look for the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen and click on it.  This is where you add plugins for MBC - look for Plug-ins and go into the Plugin Catalog.  Once installed, run a Media Library scan, then go back into the stand alone MBC configurator, choose the Plug-ins tab, click on GameBrowser Classic and you should see the Configuration button now. This is where you link your emulators, Windows and DOS games with the actual exe file.

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

liabella

Hi,

I would also like to know how I can get the full version of gamebrowswer 3 as it says the trial version will cease in 14 days.

Happy to pay if need be.

Cheesegeezer

Hi,

I would also like to know how I can get the full version of gamebrowswer 3 as it says the trial version will cease in 14 days.

Happy to pay if need be.

Well I've just checked the both plugins catalogues for both MBC and MBS and they both say "Free"  @@Redshirt is this correct?

I have just set up GB3 and found that the KB article is in need of some TLC that's for sure.  @@CWNashvegas @@Yogi or @@CBers any chance of this being update?  

CBers

I have just set up GB3 and found that the KB article is in need of some TLC that's for sure. @@CWNashvegas @@Yogi or @@CBers any chance of this being update?

That was supplied by Red, so he'll need to notify us of changes needed.

porkbone

Have you become a supporter of MB3 yet? I believe once you do that GB3 is free along with a few other great plug-ins.  If you haven't, go into the dashboard (weg gui), choose the Help section then select the Become a Supporter and do the whole PayPal thing.  You will get an email with your supporter code to enter in the next tab in the Help section.

:)

I just updated the KB article to show the proper install procedure now.

The article does state that it is required to be a MB Supporter in order for the classic plug-in to work out of trial.

• Like 1

CBers

Yes. I just fixed the instructions and image for installing the classic plug-in as it was directing people to functionality that doesn't exist anymore.

OK. There's no edit notification so I wasn't sure. I guess as an admin that doesn't show.