MBC: Xenon Theme Bug Tracker

Cheesegeezer

aspdend

@@buddyweiser

@@yardameus

@@aspdend

@@Echostorm

How are you guys finding the Shortlist feature.  i've not heard anything so assuming it's working well for you.... It's not the final interface I want for the user, but it's a start.

It's working well for me mate - liking the feature, and looking good so far, although imho I would want the shortlist to remain...( as in not reset when wmc restarts)

Edited by aspdend
  • Like 1

Cheesegeezer

It's working well for me mate - liking the feature, and looking good so far, although imho I would want the shortlist to remain...( as in not reset when wmc restarts)

I purposely didn't allow it to remain as its generally a one time scenario and the next day you might be in the mood for a completely different list. 

But most importantly, glad you guys are enjoying it an using it.

buddyweiser

@@buddyweiser

@@yardameus

@@aspdend

@@Echostorm

How are you guys finding the Shortlist feature. i've not heard anything so assuming it's working well for you.... It's not the final interface I want for the user, but it's a start.

I've not had much time to play with xenon lately, I'll try to check it out when I get home in the morning.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

buddyweiser

@@Cheesegeezer first of all, great job on the new release! I really like the shortlist, and the ehs navigation is dramatically improved! A few things I've noticed:

-If there is no season thumb available, and only one show, it doesn't display the series thumb in the ehs. This causes the backdrop+logo image to be substituted, but all other thumbs have coverart treatments and the backdrop+logo looks out of place. Upcoming TV and Nextup both display fine, but when I click on New or Unwatched, they display this behavior. see screenshots below

MBC- 21kyy6a.png

Web Client- f2po3p.png

Shortlist seems to work well when adding and removing items. It would be nice if there were a global xenon setting with a check box next to it that says "Erase shortlist when exiting MBC?"

Using the shortlist seems a bit odd, not sure if this is designed behavior. After I made the shortlist, I go to it and it looks nice, with all of the movie thumbs looking great. Then I click on a movie to read the synopsis. I decide that isn't the movie I wan't to see, so I back out, but instead of returning to the shortlist it returns to the beginning of my movies library. Is this a bug or by design?

Cheesegeezer

@@Cheesegeezer first of all, great job on the new release! I really like the shortlist, and the ehs navigation is dramatically improved! A few things I've noticed:

-If there is no season thumb available, and only one show, it doesn't display the series thumb in the ehs. This causes the backdrop+logo image to be substituted, but all other thumbs have coverart treatments and the backdrop+logo looks out of place. Upcoming TV and Nextup both display fine, but when I click on New or Unwatched, they display this behavior. see screenshots below

MBC- 21kyy6a.png

Web Client- f2po3p.png

Shortlist seems to work well when adding and removing items. It would be nice if there were a global xenon setting with a check box next to it that says "Erase shortlist when exiting MBC?"

Using the shortlist seems a bit odd, not sure if this is designed behavior. After I made the shortlist, I go to it and it looks nice, with all of the movie thumbs looking great. Then I click on a movie to read the synopsis. I decide that isn't the movie I wan't to see, so I back out, but instead of returning to the shortlist it returns to the beginning of my movies library. Is this a bug or by design?

Thanks Jesse, to answer a few of your queries.

By design the EHS is just set to show the Season Thumb for Upcoming and Next Up, not the Series Thumb as hopefully it will show the Season Thumb, but I guess I can look into that.  If no thumb is available then you get the backdrop and logo show as a fall back to ensure a bit of eye candy.

Shortlist will never be a saved list. It's designed to be used for the session life of an instance of MBClassic to help you select a list, watch the movie you choose, then maybe watch another and shutdown MBC, the next day you might be in a different mood.  If you want the list to remain then you should be adding items to Favourites, that's what that list is designed for!

This is the initial release for Shortlist, i'm just making sure that it works well before I implement all the bells and whistle for it which will include its own page with a scroller and Trailers that auto play in the background to help you choose the movie you want to watch.

Hope that helps explain things better for you.

DGMayor

Every time I click on an episode or Movie, it crashes MB3 with Invalid Appliction / Unable to launch "media browser 3".

(latest dev release of MBC and 1.0.0.18)

buddyweiser

@@Cheesegeezer, while testing the shortlist I've encountered a slight bug. If you have a shortlist and exit MBC it clears as expected. However, if you click the clear button while viewing the shortlist, it seems to "crash" the shortlist for lack of a better word(or understanding of what is happening). After it "crashes", you can add items to the shortlist but when you click on the shortlist icon at the top of the page, it does nothing. If you restart MBC it works fine again.

Cheesegeezer

C'mon fellas you should know better..... Where's the logs and event viewer log!!

DGMayor

log shows nothing (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45741371/xenon.log), here's the Eventlog:

Exception Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.HostLoadException: Error while attemping to load: 'resx://Xenon/Xenon.Resources/DetailMovieView#XenonMovieView'.
 Details:
  resx://Xenon/Xenon.Resources/ActorPopup(159): Library 'Color' does not contain a resource called "xs:ActorPopupNameColor". 
  resx://Xenon/Xenon.Resources/FullInfoPanel: Unable to load 'resx://Xenon/Xenon.Resources/ActorPopup'. 
  resx://Xenon/Xenon.Resources/DetailMovieView: Unable to load 'resx://Xenon/Xenon.Resources/FullInfoPanel'. 

at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Host.OnPreInitialize()
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker()
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.NewUiZone.DeliverInitializations()
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.NewUiZone.ImplementUiTask(UiTask task, Object param)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UiZone.ProcessUiTask(UiTask task, Object param)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UiSession.ProcessInitialization()
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Queues.Dispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue)
   at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UIDispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue, LoopCondition condition)
   at MediaCenter.Extensibility.Host.Main(String[] args)
Edited by DGMayor

Cheesegeezer

log shows nothing (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45741371/xenon.log), here's the Eventlog: Exception Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.HostLoadException: Error while attemping to load: 'resx://Xenon/Xenon.Resources/DetailMovieView#XenonMovieView'. Details: resx://Xenon/Xenon.Resources/ActorPopup(159): Library 'Color' does not contain a resource called "xs:ActorPopupNameColor". resx://Xenon/Xenon.Resources/FullInfoPanel: Unable to load 'resx://Xenon/Xenon.Resources/ActorPopup'. resx://Xenon/Xenon.Resources/DetailMovieView: Unable to load 'resx://Xenon/Xenon.Resources/FullInfoPanel'. at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.Host.OnPreInitialize() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.ViewItem.PreInitializeTreeWorker() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.NewUiZone.DeliverInitializations() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.NewUiZone.ImplementUiTask(UiTask task, Object param) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UiZone.ProcessUiTask(UiTask task, Object param) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UiSession.ProcessInitialization() at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Queues.Dispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue) at Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.UIDispatcher.MainLoop(Queue queue, LoopCondition condition) at MediaCenter.Extensibility.Host.Main(String[] args)

Ok so this is an easy fix.

Go to MBC plugins folder in c:\programdata\mediiabrowser-classic\plugins and delete the folder... Xenon styles. Reload and your good!

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 1

Redshirt

Cheese, is there a way to set the flat coverflow as the default coverflow view?

buddyweiser

@@Cheesegeezer, Just to add info to this bug, when you click the clear button, a dialog pops up asking if you're sure. No matter what you press, it breaks the shortlist. If you press cancel, it breaks the shortlist. If you press confirm, you can then click the shortlist button, it says displays a dialog box saying there are no items in your shortlist. But if you add an item to the shortlist, and then click the shortlist button, nothing happens.

Cheesegeezer

Cheese, is there a way to set the flat coverflow as the default coverflow view?

Unfortunately not mate.

Cheesegeezer

I've just got back from being offshore, so I'll attend to logs etc soon.

@@buddyweiser hope all is ok mate, I'll catch up with on skype soon bud

Hi,

I have just moved from XBMC3 (too many problems with XBMC) to MBC and loving everything so far except the view... I love the list view but cannot find a way to make it default for all my libraries?  I can set it for example on TV Shows but then when I go into a TV Show each season is then back to coverflow... obviously it would take an eternity to manually set each show to list view but surely there is a way to do this? (I Hope)

Many Thanks for a great skin!

buddyweiser

Hi,

I have just moved from XBMC3 (too many problems with XBMC) to MBC and loving everything so far except the view... I love the list view but cannot find a way to make it default for all my libraries? I can set it for example on TV Shows but then when I go into a TV Show each season is then back to coverflow... obviously it would take an eternity to manually set each show to list view but surely there is a way to do this? (I Hope)

Many Thanks for a great skin!

Unfortunately there isn't a way to make a global default view. However if you set the list view at the season level, and then at the episode level of one show, it will be that way for all shows.

• Like 1

First off, I have to say this is my favorite theme.  And I have Aztec, Breeze, Chocolate, ROC, Rush, Subdued, and Xenon, and I love Xenon the best out of all of them.  I'm running it on 4 machines in my home.  However, I'm observing some quirky behavior on all of my machines that I haven't seen anyone else post here. 

Only in the Movies section, using the Coverflow view, when I scroll to the right, it skips over every other movie.  But when I scroll to the left, it scrolls one by one.  It doesn't do this for my TV series or my other folders like Music Videos, Trailers, etc.  It only does it in the Movies section.  

Any ideas?

buddyweiser

First off, I have to say this is my favorite theme. And I have Aztec, Breeze, Chocolate, ROC, Rush, Subdued, and Xenon, and I love Xenon the best out of all of them. I'm running it on 4 machines in my home. However, I'm observing some quirky behavior on all of my machines that I haven't seen anyone else post here.

Only in the Movies section, using the Coverflow view, when I scroll to the right, it skips over every other movie. But when I scroll to the left, it scrolls one by one. It doesn't do this for my TV series or my other folders like Music Videos, Trailers, etc. It only does it in the Movies section.

Any ideas?

Try increasing or decreasing the poster size incrementally until you find the "sweet spot" so to speak. I had a certain issue a while back(don't remember exactly what it was, but I also happened to describe it as "quirky") that this helped me fix.

• Like 1

Try increasing or decreasing the poster size incrementally until you find the "sweet spot" so to speak. I had a certain issue a while back(don't remember exactly what it was, but I also happened to describe it as "quirky") that this helped me fix.

Genius!  That worked!  I can't believe I didn't think of that.  Thanks for such a quick reply!

• Like 1

Genius!  That worked!  I can't believe I didn't think of that.  Thanks for such a quick reply!

Strange added benefit...  I increased the poster size on one machine and it fixed them all.  I didn't realize that was saved at the server level.  I thought that was a client setting.  Regardless, it worked and I'm happy.  Thank you!

buddyweiser

Strange added benefit... I increased the poster size on one machine and it fixed them all. I didn't realize that was saved at the server level. I thought that was a client setting. Regardless, it worked and I'm happy. Thank you!

Actually, I also was unaware of the server level saves... You said 4 machines, are they by chance 4 extenders of the same machine?