MBC: Xenon Theme Bug Tracker

Cheesegeezer

Actually, I also was unaware of the server level saves... You said 4 machines, are they by chance 4 extenders of the same machine?

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

No, they are 4 individual HTPC's.  They each have the server installed (just because I was new to this application and that's the way I set it up).  But they're all pointing to the same server machine on the network.  They have the ability to use the local server if I wanted to, but for consistency I just have them all pointing to the server on my living room machine.

Dose that make sense and did it answer your question?

buddyweiser

No, they are 4 individual HTPC's. They each have the server installed (just because I was new to this application and that's the way I set it up). But they're all pointing to the same server machine on the network. They have the ability to use the local server if I wanted to, but for consistency I just have them all pointing to the server on my living room machine.

Dose that make sense and did it answer your question?

I understand what your saying but I just didn't know that was possible. I know it was a feature request a while back to have client settings saved on the server. I guess it's possible it was implemented I haven't been following Mr for a while as I've been busy.

I understand what your saying but I just didn't know that was possible. I know it was a feature request a while back to have client settings saved on the server. I guess it's possible it was implemented I haven't been following Mr for a while as I've been busy.

Display preferences have always come from the server and are tied to the user profile.  Settings you manage in the config pages, however, are at the local machine level.

• Like 1

buddyweiser

Display preferences have always come from the server and are tied to the user profile. Settings you manage in the config pages, however, are at the local machine level.

That's what I thought, which is why I couldn't explain his behavior fixing across 4 machines by increasing the poster size in MBC on one machine.

That's what I thought, which is why I couldn't explain his behavior fixing across 4 machines by increasing the poster size in MBC on one machine.

Image display size is a part of display prefs and is tied to a user and a particular folder or item type (like series or seasons).

• Like 2

altramarine

Hi,

Lovely theme! Thanks so much for that!

2 issues to report, if determined as issues:

1. Description (white text) of a movie becomes barely readable when background backdrop is light in color, like so:

546afc3737a06_textwhite.png

I notice this quite often browsing movies and shows. Perhaps this can be remedied by adding a grey background with heavy alpha behind the text?

2. Each time i switch from one collection folder to another, there is a bit of a "jerk" as if RAL is being updated before the switch to next collection folder, which is probably the case. My RAL Selector default is "New" for all collection folders. I tried this on two different computer with identical clients experiencing the same behavior. I don't experience this with Chocolate, ROC themes, navigation is smooth. What logs would be most beneficial for this? 

Thanks MUCH!

MBS: 3.0.5424.1

MBC: 3.0.224.0

Edited by altramarine

Cheesegeezer

Hi,

Lovely theme! Thanks so much for that!

2 issues to report, if determined as issues:

1. Description (white text) of a movie becomes barely readable when background backdrop is light in color, like so:

I notice this quite often browsing movies and shows. Perhaps this can be remedied by adding a grey background with heavy alpha behind the text?

2. Each time i switch from one collection folder to another, there is a bit of a "jerk" as if RAL is being updated before the switch to next collection folder, which is probably the case. My RAL Selector default is "New" for all collection folders. I tried this on two different computer with identical clients experiencing the same behavior. I don't experience this with Chocolate, ROC themes, navigation is smooth. What logs would be most beneficial for this? 

Thanks MUCH!

MBS: 3.0.5424.1

MBC: 3.0.224.0

1. You need to enable backdrop Overlay in the settings for View Options and then set the backdrop overlay alpha to the desired setting in the same option menu.  That should help you out.  You will need to do this on all folders.

2.  I think you are running version 1.0.0.17 of Xenon, 1.0.0.18 fixes this issue.  All it is, is I was asking the RAL scroller to go to first item in list, which causes focus to shift to scroller and back again, hence the jerkiness you were seeing.

3.  Please update to latest beta for MBC. 

I have started a Wiki Page which may help you understand more options when using Xenon theme.

https://github.com/Cheesegeezer/Xenon/wiki

Edited by Cheesegeezer

altramarine

Thank you!

1. that did the trick! I tinkered with "Backdrop Overlay" before but couldn't figure out what it's for. 

2. I was running 1.0.0.18, sorry for failing to mention that. However, after updating to beta MBC 3.0.237.0 the jerkiness is almost gone. Almost, because it is still present but to a much lesser degree. excellent:)

I was going over wiki yesterday, I shall continue today. Thanks so much for creating it!

• 2 weeks later...

Dumb question. When I click anything within this theme I hear both the WMC and Theme click/select sound.. Is there a way to disable one or the other within the theme ?

Edited by Tester

----------

++ Added option to turn off MBNews Scroller
++ Fixed image overlay on Details page again for missing future and remote content.
++ Removed the RAL scroller moving to First Item on EHS, causing weird nav issues at the moment.
++ Fixed Details Thumb image not rotating backdrop when no thumb is available & added logo to the backdrop image now.
++ Add in MB Event Info Panel on all views (Such as "Welcome to MediaBrowser" - "MB-Classic is up to date" - "Refresh [itemName]"

Hi Cheesegeezer,

can you please point out where to find the option to turn off the news scroller?

Also, for some reason, in the configuration, it keeps saying that a "Restart is required" .  Don't know if there are any logs I can send you to help diagnose the issue.  Thanks!

buddyweiser

Hi Cheesegeezer,

can you please point out where to find the option to turn off the news scroller?

Also, for some reason, in the configuration, it keeps saying that a "Restart is required" . Don't know if there are any logs I can send you to help diagnose the issue. Thanks!

The mb news stroller can be turned off by clicking on the options icon from the home screen(wrench/screwdriver) and then the second option from the top of the dialog(can't remember what it says off the top of my head) there you will find the option.

For the restart reqd, I think a build was misnumbered which is causing this, though not 100 percent sure.

Sent using my G3

The mb news stroller can be turned off by clicking on the options icon from the home screen(wrench/screwdriver) and then the second option from the top of the dialog(can't remember what it says off the top of my head) there you will find the option.

For the restart reqd, I think a build was misnumbered which is causing this, though not 100 percent sure.

Sent using my G3

Hi buddyweiser,

thanks for the tip.  I was looking in the Xenon configuration options rather than "View Options".  Problem solved...

a couple of questions:

1.  When clicking through this plugin I hear both the WMC and Plugin select sound.  Is there a way to turn one or the other off so I only hear one ?

2.  Is there a way to completely disable the Welcome to Media Browser in the lower left side of the main screen ?

3.  Can trailers automatically start playing as soon as a movie is selected, I believe this works previously ?

Thanks

Cheesegeezer

Hi peeps, apologies for my absense, work been getting in the way again!! How dare they.

@@Tester to answer your questions

1. Never noticed it before, is it in every screen or specific ones.

2. No there isnt, its part of the core information feed, and it will stay.

3. Trailers can be turned on, you have to select them in MBC config, cant remember which menu screen its under, but Theme Video backdrops plugin has now been moved to the core of mbc so its all there now.

@@buddyweiser, thanks for covering in my absense mate, cheers.

• Like 1

yardameus

Is the sound the double "click"?  I figured maybe it was a sound when you pressed back, and a sound when you arrived at the screen you were going back to...

@ Cheesegeezer - No need to apologize, we all appreciate the work you put into this plugin.

@@Cheesegeezer, yardameus - I am now out of town, but will provide answers to all your questions in a couple of days when I do more detailed testing.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

1.0.0.19 is up and just fixes the restart required issue.  I had put the level at 3.0.0.18 instead of 1.0.0.18.

Cheers

• Like 1

@ Cheesegeerzer

1. Never noticed it before, is it in every screen or specific ones

All screens, I always hear the double click.. I switched to other plugins and those work properly.

3. Trailers can be turned on, you have to select them in MBC config, cant remember which menu screen its under, but Theme Video backdrops plugin has now been moved to the core of mbc so its all there now.

​My trailers no longer automatically play, I did find an option for it but they still do not play when enable.

4.  I do not see 10019, I still see 10018 and still says restart required.

Having said all this, I am having other issues which has led me to reformat my entire system.  I plan to do this on Sunday, so I will report back after that if these issues persist.

• 2 weeks later...

@ Cheesegeerzer

I went ahead and did a full reformat and started clean.  Here are issues in order of importance.

1.   I do not see 10019, I still see 10018 and still says restart required.  Furthermore, each time I enter MB3 a "Some Of Your Plug-Ins have Updates.  Go to Configuration ?" message pops up. If I click YES, it takes me to Playback options.  Under Advanced, both "Automatically Check For Updates" and "Silently Update Plug-ings" are disabled.  Also "Check For Updates At Log-in" is disabled in MBC Configurator.

2. Never noticed it before, is it in every screen or specific ones

All screens, I always hear the double click.. I switched to other plugins and those work properly.

​My trailers no longer automatically play, I did find an option for it but they still do not play when enable.

Thanks

Tester

Any update on these issues, particularly issue #1 above.. The message popup got so annoying that I had to remove Xenon from my plugins, this was the only way I could stop the message popup.

Cheesegeezer

I've just deleted and re uploaded the Xenon.dll to the admin site.  You need to be running version 243 of MBC and it should upgrade to Xenon 1.0.0.19

can anyone please test this

thanks