Suggestions for custom Sections

space2001

space2001

Just wondering if it would be possible to have custom sections.

So right now we have movies, Tv shows etc.

I would like to have my own section for example like Workouts, or temp videos ETC.

Also if these would not scrape.

Thanks.

aspdend

You can do this already - I have my own sections (Health and Fitness, TV Archive etc).

You just add them in the media locations for your library

elcabong

there is a setting in "my preferences" (per user) under display called "my views" where you can select which sources get pooled together into the standard "movies", "tv shows" etc.  if you un-check next to the source, then it will show up on its own (ive tested this in the web client) on the "home" page.

as far as sources not being scraped. im not sure if there is a flag for that.  you may be able to lock the source under the "metadata manager".  this should prevent the info from updating when scanning again, tho i dont know if the scanner skips the locked sources, or just doesnt update with new info when found.

Chris Jones

I also want to have custom sections as well so that they arne't grouped together. Such as concerts, stand up, workouts etc. I just tried the suggestion and ungrouped concerts and now they display separately in the web client, except that when viewing them it says "Latest Movies", not a big issue obviously.

Is there support for this in the supported xbmc skins? or if not, is it a difficult task?

the custom sections in the web client are brand new. i will be getting api info out soon so that developers can support them.