Calling XBMB3C Android Users

elcabong

elcabong

i just got my amazon fire tv setup yesterday.  all working perfect with xbmb3c, except the main volume controls dont work in xbmc on android it looks like (or at least the ouya and fire tv from my brief research).  the volume amplification works, but this is not a perfect solution.

il test on my note II phone later this week and post back when ive had a few more days with the firetv.

Vidman

Can you make us a nice write up of how you did it? Maybe some nice screenshots to tempt people to try it? Thanks.

Hi Luke I just made a suggestion in the xbmb3c repo thread about a method to add the repo from a web source directly within xbmc.... This would make it simpler for xbmc novice users to get setup with xbmb3c using just their remote control

Vidman

Im afraid if I did it on my android device which I have setup to access my home server remotely at my work site it would not be a good advertisement for MB as I have very limited bandwidth.... This is why I have been eagerly awaiting content syncing

im85288

Have you installed one of the compatible skins from the repo?

You may need to set the xbmb3c setting to stream if it's having difficulty directly playing your media? Other than that I have no experience with it on android but it should play.

xnappo

Well, a tablet is not our target platform, but I would guess your playback issue is a smb access problem or something. You can try turning on 'Play from stream instead of smb' to confirm that.

xnappo

xnappo

Well google can answer that.  Certainly FireTV is more compelling to more people.

xnappo

CBers

So it's not as straight forward as just installing XBMC for Android plus XBMB3C then?

Being on a tablet shouldn't matter. The Nexus 10 is powerful enough to handle most things, so it should work fine.

I'll have another play tomorrow.

Thanks.

Cool, thanks. I'm wondering if someone can help with some guides for it, explaining how you set it up, get some screenshots together. I'd like to really start promoting it because I bet most people don't' realize we now have a 10ft UI app for android thanks to XBMB3C.

xnappo

Didn't mean to gang up on you, im85288 and I posted at the same time.

Yes - it should be that simple, but your are having a network permissions or path problem it seems.  Trying play from stream will confirm that.  If that works, then try putting in your SMB username/password in the settings.  As a home theatre solution like MBC - we focus on playing from SMB which is better for a local network, but has possibility of password issues etc.

The Nexus comment was regarding the UI - it is meant more for remote control use.  Definitely would recommend the Android MB3 client for a tablet.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

I run it on an Ouya.  Might be getting a FireTV to mess with.

Can you make us a nice write up of how you did it? Maybe some nice screenshots to tempt people to try it? Thanks.

Ouya here too

that's fine but how about something like a youtube video in the meantime?

• Like 1

I run it on an Ouya.  Might be getting a FireTV to mess with.

can you do a youtube video?

CBers

OK, just installed XBMC for Android on my Nexus 10, plus XBMB3C.

All installed OK and I can now see my movies and TV shows etc. in XBMC (Videos/Add-ons).

I can navigate to my movie/TV episode, but when I click on it, nothing plays.

Also, the side menu is hard to keep on-screen - it keeps closing.

Any help would be appreciated so that I can test this.

Thanks.

dravokivich

I'm in the process of struggling to be an Android user of this. Which is the main reason it appealed to me in the first place. I wanted to use it on my tablet and phone, but none of the skins ye redeveloped seem to be touch friendly.

MQ5, can't browse through the home menu as it appears to be expecting a d-pad to scroll.

Emminence, the home menu extends further than my screen, can't get across to the Settings/Power items.

Confluence, Aeon Nox Gotham,

in both of these when I try to change the view types for libraries, they never stick with the rest of the library. I'm currently trying to figure this one out and if I can, I'll probably use Aeon Nox Gotham.

For example with Confluence:

When loading up the library for TV shows, you are initially presented with a list view. I wanted to use the "Media Info 3" view. And then again when I select a show, have the Seasons presented in the "Media Info 3" view, then when I select a Season have the episodes presented in a "Media Info 3" view.

I found that doing this for 1 show, did not replicate the setting to the other shows. It's needed to be done per show?

I wanted to do this with my movies as well, but with a huge library, this isn't a very efficient way of organising or presenting it.

I had a bit of time to look through the skin's addon folder within XBMC last night and looking to find a way to remove the other view options entirely to see if it gives me what I want. But it really shouldn't have to come to this.

Similarly with Aeon Nox Gotham,

I wanted to organise my TV Shows with Show Case, and Seasons & Episodes with LowList.

Wanted to Organise my Movies / Collections with Lowlist.

But seems it needed to be done per Show/Collection.

Also with Aeon Nox Gotham, the sub menu's on the home menu weren't particularly touch friendly. However that can be edited with the skin, to get the menu item to display the sub menu when clicked/touched on.

dravokivich

Well, a tablet is not our target platform, but I would guess your playback issue is a smb access problem or something. You can try turning on 'Play from stream instead of smb' to confirm that.

xnappo

XBMC is your target market for XBMB3C users. It shouldn't matter what they are on.

• Like 1