FR Server: Add a meta data field & client link for www.blu-ray.com

TrackZ

TrackZ

I, like many I expect, source my stored media content most often from Blu-ray. I like to identify my disc releases on www.blu-ray.com. That site is a great resource for information about disc movie releases, with detailed information about each release for every movie, reviews, and more.

What I do is create a shortcut link file in my media folder for each movie/show season pointing to the blu-ray.com page for the release that I own in case I ever want to reference it without pulling the actual package out of storage. I would expect that other MB3 users use blu-ray.com as an information resource in their Blu-ray purchases and collections too.

What I'd like to have is a meta data field where I could paste in a link to the blu-ray.com page for a movie or TV season. The web client already provides clickable links to IMDB, TheMovieDb, TheTVDb, and such pages for content. If the blu-ray.com meta data field has a link then, the client could provide a clickable link to blu-ray.com in the content view along side the other content links.

I am NOT asking for the MB3 feature to auto-identify or scrape the link nor to read disc IDs or anything really advanced or difficult like that. Just need the field for manual entry and then for the link appear on the MB3 movie/show page just like the others.

If you frequent blu-ray.com and would like to have information from there connected to your MB3 media collection, please reply to add support to this idea.

• Like 2

There is already a "Website" field in the metadata.  It is usually populated with the official website of the movie.  You could change it to your BR.com link and it will show up in the links on the page in the web client.

53d103300eb92_website1.png

53d1034034879_website2.png

Plugins can add new kinds of external identifiers, so if someone wants to do that, then by all means. As a core feature it doesn't have a lot of value though because it would have to be 100% manual, and by definition that means very few people would ever use it.

TrackZ

Thanks. I checked out the website field and it worked great.

Incidentally, it looks like MB3 is fetching values for that website field, but I tried the links that were set for a handful movies. They were almost universally broken links. Doesn't seem like movie landing pages are left online once a film gets older.