Movies & TV Shows Disappear on Server Resume Occasionaly

mbc0

Hi,

I have an annoying issue which results in me having to force a manual rescan of my library which can result in a lengthy delay before any of the clients or users are able to view anything.

Mediabrowser 3 is running on an I3 based Server with 44TB of data which as you can imagine takes a long time to rescan.

The problem may happen twice in a day or twice a week, it really is intermittent. I originally thought it was due to using lights-out to hibernate the server when not in use but I have found that it occurs sometimes directly after a reboot.  

If there is any kind of log-capturing required to trace this problem please let me know...

when it occurs, it affects all 6 users on any client, (MBT, Android, IOS, even when using the web browser directly on the server itself) All other video/music libraries are visible every time this occurs, it is only the TV/Movie libraries that disappear

Many Thanks in advance! :-)

unfortunately, we don't have enough people in our test group that take their content offline, and with all of the new features that have been introduced in recent months it probably needs to be looked at. We'll get to it.

• Like 1

Does anyone else suffer from this issue or use hibernate/sleep functions? it is becoming a regular daily issue now... 

I am going away to Germany again next week and will not be able to watch anything unless I wake the server & do a scan remotely... just thinking ahead to see if I can do anything? (Apart from leaving my server on of course)

Thanks

Edited by mbc0