Trend Micro Titanium vs. Windows Defender 8.1

Dawoo73180@gmail.com

Dawoo73180@gmail.com

When I initially installed and setup Media Browser Classic, I had Trend Micro cut off and Windows Defender Running. In the library movies and shows cued almost instantly. I could flip from one movie to the next with out even a pause. I then feeling  :lol: restarted the machine as I always do following a new program install and wow it was night and day.  :angry:  It took a lot of trial and error and I not really even sure what made me try it but I exited Trend Micro and turned Windows Defender back on, and instantly I am back where I was. The start up screen doesn't even make past the second dot before I'm in. I searched windows defender and there is no exception definitions setup or settings to explain this. I have searched Trend Micro trying different settings to speed things up to no avail. I have add Media Browser Server to the exceptions list and no luck, I even added the ehome Folder to the list and no changes. I'm thinking if I can find the correct folder to add to the exceptions list things will speed up again.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks David.

Dawoo73180@gmail.com

Just a follow up, I'm not running some slow machine expecting awesome results. Just find it hard to believe that a virus program could slow media browser to the point that I don't even want to show it off.

I7-3770k 4.6oc very stable, 16gb ram, Intel 520 SSD, LSI 928016i4e, 8 Seagate 3tb 7200rpm, raid 6.

Koleckai Silvestri

Trend Micro could have a malfunctioning memory scanner that conflicts with Media Browser. I have never used it though.

Or it could be trying to decipher the network traffic and slowing it down there.

Dawoo73180@gmail.com

It you don't mind me asking what works well with this. I have access to kaspersky free through my isp. Thanks

Koleckai Silvestri

Since I am using Windows 7, I just use Microsoft Security Essentials. That includes that same functionality as Defender on Windows 8.X. Don't really see the need to run a third party package as most are resource hugs these days.

• Like 1

Since I am using Windows 7, I just use Microsoft Security Essentials. That includes that same functionality as Defender on Windows 8.X. Don't really see the need to run a third party package as most are resource hugs these days.

That's what I'm using too.