MBServer keeping PC awake ??

niczoom

niczoom

I have been using Media Browser 3 for a while now without any issues. The last few weeks I have noticed my PC not being able to sleep automatically.

I am running Win 7 x32 with WMC, I have MediaBrowser Server start when windows boots.

Running "powercfg -requests" after boot shows the message "\FileSystem\srvnet An active remote client........ etc.."

I believe this is normal as MediaBrowser scans to update/check for new files etc. But this sleep blocker (\FileSystem\srvnet) never goes away.

In Computer Management/Shared Folders/Sessions/Open Files I can see the directories/files used by MediaBrowser, these seem to stay open and as far as I can see do not close, when I close them manually the Power Request message "\FileSystem\srvnet An active remote client........ etc.." goes away which enables my PC to sleep.

If I go to "Media Browser/Advanced/Scheduled Tasks" and run say "Scan Media Library" the sleep blocker returns (which is normal) and I can see the 'Open Files' in Computer Managment. Now the system stays like this - not being able to sleep, its as if Media Browser does not release/close these files after running its scheduled tasks.

Again, after I manually close the open session in "Computer Management/Shared Folders/Sessions" the sleep blocker dissapears.

I have been running my WMC + MB3 system for years without too many issues, this has just appeared in the last few weeks. I have also checked on the net for other solutions (inc here iBoyd) without any luck.

Seems to be related to the open shared files being used by MediaBrowser Server.

Any help appreciated.

Edited by niczoom

Deihmos

I didn't read all but yes the server now does keep the pc awake if you use unc paths. It wasn't always like that. The solution is to use the local drive path for the library then use path substitution

Edited by Deihmos

Deihmos

I am almost sure it has to do with the real time monitoring. And since it is a unc path being accessed it will block sleep.

Chris Jones

I thought the "recommended" approach for MB3 was to use UNC paths. If this isn't a bug or can't be fixed then it needs to be made clearer that the recommended approach is using path substitution and the reason not to use UNC paths by themselves. I've got my server configured to use UNC paths so will need to change it if that is the case.

techywarrior

@@Luke can you confirm if this is a bug that is going to be looked at or a side effect of the "fix" that was put in for better file discovery.

• 3 months later...