TV Shows stop playing after a few seconds

ITGuyfromHELL

ITGuyfromHELL

So just today, certain episodes of TV shows will play for a few seconds and then it is like someone hit stop, it just goes back to the description screen for the episode. Not every episode does this, and it is only happening on one of my PCs running MBC (I have tested them on two others with no issues).

All are running the latest build of MBC, just updated today actually, after the issue was noticed, 3.0.195.0.

I have a Media Browser Server with 5.2TB of storage, serving 4 MBC PCs and several Android and Apple devices. I have tested the episodes on the PC with the issue via Chrome, no issues noted, so it is definitely MBC related, or the PC itself related, as the issue is not happening on any of the other MBC PCs or other devices.

My MBC log is attached. We tried to watch an episode of America's Got Talent and had the problem, the next episode worked fine, then an episode of Deadliest Catch had the issue, though others earlier did not.

I can recreate it at will with the episodes that had the issue, it always happens.

I have verified all Windows updates, verified all MB updates, rebooted Server box and MBC box.

Thanks in advance!!

MBClassic-24720149e328d749abb40478f26125135b29bfb.log

WMC is simply stopping playback.  It is probably an issue with codecs or the file itself.

I see it is an MP4.  What kind of audio does it contain?  Is it AC3 by any chance?

ITGuyfromHELL

Two episodes I remember, one is AAC and the other is MP3. I did notice one episode is a LOT lower quality than the other episodes. Audio is only 95kbps and Media Center Master says its quality is only 51 compared to 80s and 90s on the rest. 

I will re-download the episodes, but I was really trying to get this completely automated, wife was finally coming around, and this happens. Luckily the episodes were on the DVR too. I have 2.6TB of TV shows and movies, and I have never seen this issue before, and now I have seen it with three episodes. MCM was set to download 720p if available, SD otherwise. I changed it to HD only, but that setting has been that way since I have been using it. 

Any idea why this would be an issue now? My wife understands things happen from time to time, but this coincidentally happened to two episodes on two different TV shows in the same day.  

ITGuyfromHELL

I decided to focus on one episode. I played it on MBC, it plays for about 45 seconds, then just stops. I look in the logs, it shows;

2014-07-26 03:09:09.0026,Debug,,Playstate changed to Stopped for 11 - Lockout,, PositionTicks:853761441,, Playlist Index:0,1,Application

Same as if I were to actually hit Stop on my remote.

So I uninstalled MBC, MBT (didn't know it was still on there) and LAV Filters. I played the file in Media Player, VLC and even through the Media Browser web interface, no issues. I rebooted the PC.

I reinstalled MBC, used the latest version, 3.0.195.0, tried playing the episode, same issue, stopped at about 45 seconds. Log shows the same. 

I have no other codecs or codec packages installed. I have DVD Styler for burning DVDs, but other than that there are no other third party apps installed. I even disabled MSSE to see if that made a difference.

Anyone have any ideas or maybe a direction they can point me in?

BTW, it works fine on MBT too. The only thing that has a problem is MBC. Odd, I know.

Edited by ITGuyfromHELL