PlayOn Plug-in Issues

Pais
Go to solution Solved by snazy2000,

Pais

I've installed the PlayOn plug-in from the catalog on the same machine as Media Browser Server. I've defined the PlayOn IP address to be 127.0.0.1 as well as 192.168.1.100 (the server IP address). Either option has the same situation with the plug-in which is:

• I have multiple PlayOn channels within Channels on Media Browser server, one named PlayOn and another named PlayOn: server_name
  • PlayOn: server_name is empty while PlayOn has PlayOn channels listed within it
  • Media Browser lists appropriate PlayOn channels (e.g. I turned Hulu off within PlayOn and it's off within Media Browser server)
  • All PlayOn channels within Media Browser are empty and not being populated with actual media
  • All PlayOn channels are accessible and populate on multiple other devices on the network (e.g. PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360)

Any suggestions on changes I might make to try and get the PlayOn channels within Media Browser to populate?

I uninstalled the PlayOn plug-in then re-installed and navigated to the channel to generate some logs.

log1.txt

log2.txt

Hey there, I can't really help but I'm actually looking for help on installing this. Did you get the plugin from MBS catalogue or the playon catalogue after you made an account there? Wonder how you installed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pais

Are you on latest version of playon itself?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

It looks like I have version 1.0.0.1 of the PlayOn plug-in installed and 3.0.5318.35666 for the server.

I mean latest version of the play on server

Hey @@snazy2000 I read in another post that you needed to be running the dev build, is that correct? I've decided to only run release versions due to the wife and fam. I'd also love to read a setup guide before signing up for playon so I know what to expect.

Pais

I mean latest version of the play on server

I was not on the latest version of the PlayOn server. I updated the PlayOn server then restarted Media Browser Server. Same behavior as described above (duplicate channels, one empty, one with PlayOn channels all of which are empty). Did a quick check and after updating the PlayOn server the Xbox 360 is still able to access and pull streams from the PlayOn server.

Pais

Ok ignore the PlayOn : [Name] channel.

Can you go to 

http://192.168.1.3:54479/data/data.xml?id=cbs

(Change your IP) and then send me what is returned 

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<group name="CBS" href="/data/data.xml?id=cbs" type="folder" art="/images/provider.png?id=cbs" searchable="true" id="cbs" childs="0" category="3">
<group name="Latest Full Episodes" href="/data/data.xml?id=cbs-a4a0a221a85f44e19e3bf271da0d15b0" type="folder" childs="0" art="/images/poster.jpg?id=cbs-a4a0a221a85f44e19e3bf271da0d15b0&size=tiny"/>
<group name="Current Shows" href="/data/data.xml?id=cbs-707576c4cde54d1398a672c696c82dfb" type="folder" childs="0" art="/images/poster.jpg?id=cbs-a4a0a221a85f44e19e3bf271da0d15b0&size=tiny"/>
<group name="Primetime" href="/data/data.xml?id=cbs-38ac50b3e4464a23a08311c78b094ad7" type="folder" childs="0" art="/images/poster.jpg?id=cbs-a4a0a221a85f44e19e3bf271da0d15b0&size=tiny"/>
<group name="Daytime" href="/data/data.xml?id=cbs-e0a2037015de4f9599564fbe86d46523" type="folder" childs="0" art="/images/poster.jpg?id=cbs-a4a0a221a85f44e19e3bf271da0d15b0&size=tiny"/>
<group name="Late Night" href="/data/data.xml?id=cbs-f2693336a57a42f283c621f7029a002c" type="folder" childs="0" art="/images/poster.jpg?id=cbs-a4a0a221a85f44e19e3bf271da0d15b0&size=tiny"/>
<group name="TV Classics" href="/data/data.xml?id=cbs-e128ac3f6d224ec1a550c9481c5a2ab0" type="folder" childs="0" art="/images/poster.jpg?id=cbs-a4a0a221a85f44e19e3bf271da0d15b0&size=tiny"/>
<group name="Movies & Specials" href="/data/data.xml?id=cbs-a89752d41c7245b3a48ee9909041fe71" type="folder" childs="0" art="/images/poster.jpg?id=cbs-a4a0a221a85f44e19e3bf271da0d15b0&size=tiny"/>
<group name="News & Sports" href="/data/data.xml?id=cbs-6676342564ad41a08c354adf0b14ea32" type="folder" childs="0" art="/images/poster.jpg?id=cbs-a4a0a221a85f44e19e3bf271da0d15b0&size=tiny"/>
<group name="All TV Shows" href="/data/data.xml?id=cbs-17a859d0b6114b7ebd384f52fc1c2f47" type="folder" childs="0" art="/images/poster.jpg?id=cbs-a4a0a221a85f44e19e3bf271da0d15b0&size=tiny"/>
<group name="Second Look" href="/data/data.xml?id=cbs-87085df17da440b0ae7059a7b65785b5" type="folder" childs="0" art="/images/poster.jpg?id=cbs-a4a0a221a85f44e19e3bf271da0d15b0&size=tiny"/>
</group>
Edited by Pengwyns

snazy2000

Ok so if you go on CBS in MB does it show blank? so shows 0-0 ? if so then the cache has taken over. 

Pais

Ok so if you go on CBS in MB does it show blank? so shows 0-0 ? if so then the cache has taken over. 

Indeed:

53d309ab756b9_Capture.png

snazy2000

Could i have a server log as well please just to check for errors but i be leave its because you didnt have up to date version of server which causes issues for me because most channels were broke few versions back on the mobile side.

I wish there was a clear cache button for the channels but theres not atm. 

Snazy, that is what the DataVersion property in the plugin is for. If you fix a bug that requires a cache bust, you increment that value.

Pais

Could i have a server log as well please just to check for errors but i be leave its because you didnt have up to date version of server which causes issues for me because most channels were broke few versions back on the mobile side.

I wish there was a clear cache button for the channels but theres not atm. 

There are some server logs in my first post. There're no errors in any of the logs since those were generated. Can you give me a estimate on when the cache should refresh? I'll check it then and report back if whether or not that's solved things. Thanks!

snazy2000

@@Luke I havent pushed any bug fixes.

The problem was that the PlayOn server returned no data so then MB cached that there was no data. Once the PlayOn Server was updated it then returns data but now its showing as no data becuase MB has cached it. Would be good if there was a clear cache button on the page some where even if it was an advanced option on the page. 

@@Luke I havent pushed any bug fixes.

The problem was that the PlayOn server returned no data so then MB cached that there was no data. Once the PlayOn Server was updated it then returns data but now its showing as no data becuase MB has cached it. Would be good if there was a clear cache button on the page some where even if it was an advanced option on the page. 

I think you're just moving too fast because we've been over this. See my response in the other thread.

snazy2000

@ can you download version 1.0.0.3 can try again :) Thanks 

Edited by snazy2000

mini__me

HI there,

Just installed, getting the same behaviour as the above, channels display but they are empty.

MB Version 3.0.5309.26857

Plugin 1.0.0.3

PlayOn Version 3.9.21.8826

Cheers

server-63541963320.txt

snazy2000

There's nothing in the server log relating to the plugin? Did you restart the server at any point after running the plugin.

I'm.not really sure why people are having issues I've tried on many machines and works first time and all people I've had test before release had no issues :( I'll keep looking but need more info and your log is not showing it

mini__me

Will try an uninstall and reinstall. The log was following a fresh start and immediate browse through a fresh session in a browser.

There's nothing in the server log relating to the plugin? Did you restart the server at any point after running the plugin.

I'm.not really sure why people are having issues I've tried on many machines and works first time and all people I've had test before release had no issues :( I'll keep looking but need more info and your log is not showing it

Hey @@snazy2000 thanks for your efforts on this. Maybe a step by step installation guide with required version numbers might help. Always good to have a protocol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk