4k TV

LiquidFX

LiquidFX

I will be getting a nice new 4k TV this week, cant wait to see how nice it looks, now I just need more 4k content to really show it off.

Cheesegeezer

Which one you going for? And what size?  

I've been looking at them and think i'm gonna wait for more content to become available and the price to drop.

• Like 2

Koleckai Silvestri

Netflix can stream some content in 4K. That is if you have decent bandwidth.

CBers

4K TVs look incredible, but the lack of content is an issue.

I remember when HD first came out, there was no content, but now look at it all.

It also depends if 4K really takes off or if 8K will get there first, or even 16K.

The BBC have been trialling a lot of SUPER-HD lately but they did say it was just that, a trial, but they said that about HD as well.

Beardyname

I do think that 4k would be nice, but! with that being said. I prefer higher bitrate for the content being played than just zomg resolution, I mean a Netflix 4k stream probably has less bitrate than a good 1080p Blu-ray encode and for me that is kinda... meh...'

Also we have to look at the fact that it is only now people are moving to 1080p for devices such as xbox(es) and ps4's, and some are still up-scaling 720p.. (some console players still claim the eye can't see more than 30fps so maybe i should not care about them)

Now I have to stop sounding bitter :), I still (secretly) wish I had a 4k television, not a to-days 3d television though. That is not working at all for me, and having to wear glasses on top of glasses is just a pain! (Give me a 4k tv with passive 3d (no glasses needed) and i will be happy as only I can be)

Edited by Beardyname

LiquidFX

Well I got the 55" SE55UY04 LED TV, my current TV is a Samsung 40" 720p so regardless of the content currently available it will be a massive improvement. The thing I love the most about the Seiki brand is that its not cluttered will all of the SMART TV apps that I never use which really cuts down on the cost. The local Sears had one on display next to a Samsung 55" 4k that was more than twice the cost and you couldn't notice a difference just by watching the display video. 

Edited by LiquidFX

Well I got the 55" SE55UY04 LED TV, my current TV is a Samsung 40" 720p so regardless of the content currently available it will be a massive improvement. The thing I love the most about the Seiki brand is that its not cluttered will all of the SMART TV apps that I never use which really cuts down on the cost. The local Sears had one on display next to a Samsung 55" 4k that was more than twice the cost and you couldn't notice a difference just by watching the display video. 

The link is correct? :)

Deihmos

Well I got the 55" SE55UY04 LED TV, my current TV is a Samsung 40" 720p so regardless of the content currently available it will be a massive improvement. The thing I love the most about the Seiki brand is that its not cluttered will all of the SMART TV apps that I never use which really cuts down on the cost. The local Sears had one on display next to a Samsung 55" 4k that was more than twice the cost and you couldn't notice a difference just by watching the display video.

Did you read the reviews? picture quality with non-4K content is worse than that of most other TVs in this price range,

fantaxp7

Well, I see that link now, it do 4k with 30 and not 60 hz

Yes and I believe the restriction is current HDMI 1.4b. HDMI 2.0 will do 60.

• Like 1

trooper11

Yes and I believe the restriction is current HDMI 1.4b. HDMI 2.0 will do 60.

That is correct, plus any device that your trying to use to feed video to the TV must also support HDMI 2.0 for full effect.

That is a big reason why I have not even looked at 4K tvs yet.  I want something that can support at least 4K/60 and I also have to save up to replace my receiver.  Luckily, my Xbox One already supports hdmi 2.0 output, so I'm good there, but if there is some kind of disc based 4k player, then I would need that as well. 

I realize that good 1080p content will still look great, even upscaled on a 4K set, but if I'm going to shell out the money for one, I might as well get one with a little more future-proofing.  Besides, I'm still very happy with my 65" 1080p screen. I can wait.

fantaxp7

That is correct, plus any device that your trying to use to feed video to the TV must also support HDMI 2.0 for full effect.

That is a big reason why I have not even looked at 4K tvs yet.  I want something that can support at least 4K/60 and I also have to save up to replace my receiver.  Luckily, my Xbox One already supports hdmi 2.0 output, so I'm good there, but if there is some kind of disc based 4k player, then I would need that as well. 

I realize that good 1080p content will still look great, even upscaled on a 4K set, but if I'm going to shell out the money for one, I might as well get one with a little more future-proofing.  Besides, I'm still very happy with my 65" 1080p screen. I can wait.

I want 4k+OLED+HDMI 2.0. And at a reasonable price. So I'll be waiting for some time :)

kkhan

I was planning on getting a 65" Samsung 8500 series but had a test demo and now I am uncertain.  The 4k quality was astonishing as was 1080p.  However, SD was unwatchable especially on sources with on screen text such as QVC, BBC News or CNN.  Any feedback on how the competition fares?