Movie Images - DVD's

robcf

Hi All,

I am having an issue with my movie images, for ~98% of my DVD collection the movie image will not download. 

- All DVD folder structures are correct: Movies/DVD Name (YEAR)/Video_TS/........................

- In the MBC settings I have selected "Always Show Details"

- All other films that are not DVD's in my Movies folder are able to download and save film images. For this reason I do not believe there is a permissions issue. 

- All DVD's have downloaded metadata. For this reason I do not believe there is a permissions issue. 

- Accessing the library via the Web Client and selecting 'EDIT' for a particular film, then images, a list of images will display for that film. When I select 'download' for the appropriate image I am routed to the server logon window, the image doesn't download. I can repeat this situation every time.

- I have removed the (YEAR) from the folder title, the image is not downloaded.

Looking for some help,

Rob

Beardyname

- Accessing the library via the Web Client and selecting 'EDIT' for a particular film, then images, a list of images will display for that film. When I select 'download' for the appropriate image I am routed to the server logon window, the image doesn't download. I can repeat this situation every time.

A log file from that would be nice. check here : http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/ if you are unsure on how to do that.

the server is unable to save the image file, likely due to permissions.the fact you're getting bounced to the login screen is a bug that will be fixed in the next release.

We have a winner!!

As a test I created a new folder named "Adventureland (2009)" and copied the film, the metadata and images were downloaded. Now the majority of these folders were copied from an old hard drive, however, the permission settings for the 'Movies' folder is set so that all sub folders use the parent which is read/write for all.

Any suggestions how to update all these legacy folder permissions? Using a readynas 314.   

So I have logged into my NAS root directory, selected ALL the folders in the'Movies' folder, applying read/write (0777) permissions recursively. 

For whatever reason the image files will not download, I guess the permissions will not update. Only if I create a new folder and copy the video files will the images download. 

I understand that this is most likely a Readynas issue, but if anyone has some thoughts please dont hesitate to share.  

Folder ownership is 'Admin', however, if I change the folder ownership to 'guest' there is still no contrast: older folders will not save coverart, new folders no matter guest/admin ownership will always add coverart.

Most recent server log file attached.  

I played around creating a new 'Animal House' folder which is seen in the log. The server saved coverart into this folder no problem. 

server-63542361600.txt

Edited by robcf

Hi All,

I added a log to my previous post. Furhermore, see permissions below:

For example, 'American Gangster' is a folder I created using the NAS GUI and will download coverart.
'American Gangster (2007)' was copied from an old hard drive when i moved to the NAS, MBS has not been able to download the coverart.

# ls -la /data/Videos/Movies
total 32
drwxrwxrwx+ 1 admin admin  9536 Jul 31 18:18 .
drwxrwxrwx+ 1 guest guest   260 Jul 30 17:46 ..

drwxrwxrwx+ 1 admin admin   238 Jul 29 21:48 American Gangster
drwxrwxrwx+ 1 admin admin     0 Jul 29 21:45 American Gangster (2007)

Anybody?? I really am not looking forward to the idea of creating a new folder for each film that will not download coverart.

Alrighty, I have updated the server software. The new server release did fix the quoted issue below when trying to manually download an image as I am no longer directed to the server login page. 

Sticking with the American Gangster folder, I attempted to manually download the image but the error message was displayed "NAS ip/data/Videos/Movies/American Gangster/poster.jpg access denied". Something is not allowing the server to save image or any other data for that matter.

"- Accessing the library via the Web Client and selecting 'EDIT' for a particular film, then images, a list of images will display for that film. When I select 'download' for the appropriate image I am routed to the server logon window, the image doesn't download. I can repeat this situation every time."

Log file attached

log.txt

you are or you aren't redirected to the login page? it is hard to tell because you have conflicting statements here.

in any case, the root issue is something is not allowing the server to save to that path. i can't tell you what it is because it's your environment. but we're doing a very basic thing. we're asking your operating system to save content to a file path, and it is raising an error when we try to do that.

Hey Luke,

To be clear: I am not redirected to the login page. The bug was bug was resolved by the new release. 

I totally agree with your conclusion regarding the issue and have started a thread over on the Netgear forum. I find it interesting though that a share where all the permissions are identical as are the folder ownerships, there is contrast where one folder is denied and the other accepted. 

Thanks for all your help

Access denied can also mean the file is in use.  May not be relevant, but it is another possibility.