why remove sheduled task

mata7

mata7

hi guys quick question, why did you guys remove sheduledtask from the  main server page, now  to run the task we ned to do i few click, dont see the point

also how do i clean now the notification status  after read it

Edited by mata7
  • Like 7

AdrianW

Scheduled Tasks are still there - it's just a bit deeper than before - try looking under "advanced" and check the tabs along the top.

mata7

i know that, but why anyone will want to go and do all thus useles clicks for

• Like 1

thefirstofthe300

Frankly, I am fine with the new position of the scheduled tasks.  Scheduled tasks is something that you should only have to access when you want to change the scheduling; it isn't necessarily worthy of placement on the first level of the menu.

• Like 1

Beardyname

Frankly, I am fine with the new position of the scheduled tasks.  Scheduled tasks is something that you should only have to access when you want to change the scheduling; it isn't necessarily worthy of placement on the first level of the menu.

this^

You should not really have to fire of scheduled tasks to the right and left, if you are looking for a library scan there is one under the "library" button. Otherwise let them be and they will do their job :)

mata7

in my case i never use auto sheduled, i like to scan my libary manually when i need it

Vidman

If the auto organise setting page had an organise now button and the main page (dashboard) had a check for updates button I wouldn't mind the move

Edited by Vidman

thefirstofthe300

If the auto organise setting page had an organise now button and the main page (dashboard) had a check for updates button I wouldn't mind the move

I think these suggestions are valid.

@@Luke ???

BATTLE DONKEY

Where is the scheduled tasks page now?

Never mind I found it

Edited by BATTLE DONKEY

CashMoney

I run the update library task manually once or twice a week, or if I've made a mistake with folders when adding new media. My NAS is a dlink 320 sharecenter and if I have media browser monitor in real time it can sometimes jump the gun and start analyzing before I'm ready during file transfers, so I then have to go back and manually change things in the web browser when the transfer is complete. Then I have to run the update scan manually.

Basically this means extra clicks for me. Not a big deal, I can and will adapt but I too think something as important as this should be more prominent than it now is in the menu structure.

• Like 1

Beardyname

I run the update library task manually once or twice a week, or if I've made a mistake with folders when adding new media. My NAS is a dlink 320 sharecenter and if I have media browser monitor in real time it can sometimes jump the gun and start analyzing before I'm ready during file transfers, so I then have to go back and manually change things in the web browser when the transfer is complete. Then I have to run the update scan manually.

Basically this means extra clicks for me. Not a big deal, I can and will adapt but I too think something as important as this should be more prominent than it now is in the menu structure.

You do know for a Library scan that there is a button available under "Library" right ? So that means only 1 extra click :)

• Like 1

hoxtonia

Perhaps the scan function could be moved to the top of the library page to give it more prominence

I think it was fine before too tbh...

Sent by lumia 1020 & Tapatalk

• Like 1

CashMoney

You do know for a Library scan that there is a button available under "Library" right ? So that means only 1 extra click :)

Actually, I didn't, that will save some time! Thanks!

i'd like "quick scan" prominent on main menu tbh. I always have to refresh after I've added files.

judging by other responses it gets a lot of use by others too.

• Like 1

blade005

i'd like "quick scan" prominent on main menu tbh. I always have to refresh after I've added files.

judging by other responses it gets a lot of use by others too.

Agreed. I would like the quick scan button to be above the library listings. for quicker access. I have quite a few library entries and have to scroll down in Browser on PC, Tablet or Phone to get to it.  I think more people use the manual SCAN LIBRARY option than the Devs might think.

• Like 2

shaefurr

I'm fine with the move as MB usually handles everything just fine running by itself.

Though if the Auto Organize section is staying put, It would be nice to have a "Organize new media files" or "check for new files" button somewhere on it to save some jumping around between the scheduled tasks and organize page.

swhitmore

anyone know how to clean now the notification status  after read it?

53d752efb76b1_Capture.jpg

• Like 1

Danee

Agreed. I would like the quick scan button to be above the library listings. for quicker access. I have quite a few library entries and have to scroll down in Browser on PC, Tablet or Phone to get to it.  I think more people use the manual SCAN LIBRARY option than the Devs might think.

I don't like a quick scan button above the library listing. I hardly use the manual function, compared to selecting an item in the library listing probably 1:1000. Plus, the library listing is user functionality, a library refresh isn't imo.

Having it in the libray configuration pages is good enough for me.

Edited by Danee

AdrianW

I don't like a quick scan button above the library listing. I hardly use the manual function, compared to selecting an item in the library listing probably 1:1000. Plus, the library listing is user functionality, a library refresh isn't imo.

Having it in the libray configuration pages is good enough for me.

I think you may have the Library confused with the MB home page - most users would only look a the library when they're adding new source locations, so maybe once or twice a year. 

(The Library that is being to referred to is as discussed here although that screeshot is a few versions old now).

Danee

I think you may have the Library confused with the MB home page - most users would only look a the library when they're adding new source locations, so maybe once or twice a year. 

(The Library that is being to referred to is as discussed here although that screeshot is a few versions old now).

Maybe, but I'm not sure, blade005 quoted a post that mentioned a scan button in the main menu and he mentioned the library listing. I read that as the listing on the top left side that slides in when you hover the mouse over it.

The location you refer to is the same I'm refering to with 'library configuration pages', moving it to the top there so you don't have to scroll through all configured locations makes sense.

Edited by Danee