Migrating MB3 Server from HTPC To New Media Server

Blusky

Blusky

I just Finished setting up my New Media Server with Flexraid-F and I want to move MB3 Server from my HTPC to my new Media Server. Currently all my media is stored on my HTPC and I have just finished copying my media files to my new Media Server. 

Before I go and remove MB3 server from my HTPC I would like to ask if there is any suggestions or advise on how to best do this??

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

techywarrior

If all the meta data is stored in the media folders then you probably should just install MB3 and let it do a library scan. If you have a lot of customization and/or your meta data is not stored in the media folders then there is a way to copy the files from the old install to a fresh install but it's not officially supported and there could be other issues you'd have to work thru.

If you want to try and copy the files see if you can do a search on the forum. There had been a post in the past about where you can get more details.

Blusky

If all the meta data is stored in the media folders then you probably should just install MB3 and let it do a library scan. If you have a lot of customization and/or your meta data is not stored in the media folders then there is a way to copy the files from the old install to a fresh install but it's not officially supported and there could be other issues you'd have to work thru.

If you want to try and copy the files see if you can do a search on the forum. There had been a post in the past about where you can get more details.

Thank you techywarrior for your help. I apologize for not posting that all my Metadata is stored in the media folders. Since My media Library is not that big, yet, with the help of other peeps at this site I was able to fix all the metadata issues that I had. So last night I just copied over all my media folders to the new server.