Server client no longer showing season folders for many shows

trooper11

trooper11

I am experiencing a couple of problems, but I wanted to start with this one since its the biggest issue.

First, some info:

Server Version: 3.0.5321.35225

Issue details:

I was jumping through some content on MB just see if things were still showing up correctly and then I discovered that many shows do not show any episodes when I click on a season folder. 

The strange thing is that it seems to be isolated to any tv content that is not in my 'Television' folder.  I have tv content in 'Cartoon', 'Anime' and 'Web' folders as well, but none of them will show episodes when I click on a particular season.  Clicking on a season opens up a new page, but without any episodes, just the banner across the top and the season folder image as usual. 

I have attached a log.  I tested this behavior on IE 11 and Firefox 30.0 with the same results. Thanks.

server log.txt

if you could try the dev build and let me know if it's resolved there, that'd be great. thanks.

SikSlayer

if you could try the dev build and let me know if it's resolved there, that'd be great. thanks.

Yeah this bug is there for sure, Version 3.0.5322.35885, which ironically, had "series resolving fixes" listed as the change.

Edited by SikSlayer

Yeah this bug is there for sure, Version 3.0.5322.35885, which ironically, had "series resolving fixes" listed as the change.

can you go over yours?

SikSlayer

can you go over yours?

Not sure exactly what you mean, but whatever I can do to help......

I have random episodes of The Simpsons, for example, and every folder is showing up as a distinct series.

Also, some specials folders are showing up as the same.

Edited by SikSlayer

screenshots of your folders in windows explorer, at three levels - season, series and containing folder, as well as what you see in the metadata manager

SikSlayer

Sorry these are so big.

But there's only a series.xml folder in "The Simpsons" but in Metadata Manager, you can see the info doesn't show up at all, but the images do if I went to the tab.

Nothing out of the ordinary, I noticed this change when I was going through my content just as the topic starter was.

53d7098f1383d_Screenshot20140728223222.j

53d709acbba3d_Screenshot20140728223301.j53d709bb00487_Screenshot20140728223722.j

SikSlayer

Note the metadata you'd expect to see for the core series instead shows up for the season, even though there's no series/season.xml file to be parsed.

I make use of season.xml files to add such info for particular seasons of certain shows if the name, premise, or something else of note changes, but I didn't with the simpsons.

53d70b4457178_Screenshot20140728224453.j

SikSlayer

This generally fixed things, so first off, thanks.

But as I said prior, I use season.xml files in some series, and some (not all) are showing up as their own shows, and not mere seasons.

At first I thought it was because those seasons also have backup series.xml files in there, but even as I deleted some, I noticed that some others still have the series.xml files, and don't exhibit any issues.

Thanks for testing. I'm not sure what you're trying to describe in your other situation. 

SikSlayer

Thanks for testing. I'm not sure what you're trying to describe in your other situation. 

In researching what's going on, I have a greater understanding of what's going on myself, and what is possibly the cause

I think this screenshot might help you to understand....

Note the season 1 and season 2 folders are seen as being IN another folder.

so instead of Code Geass\Season 1\

its Code Geass\Season 1\Season 1

But WITHIN \Season 1, there is a folder called \Bonus Materials, with extra content that has never caused a problem until now.

Removing it fixes things, but its an untenable situation as some of it is video content that doesn't logically belong anyplace else.

53d7195c37e41_Screenshot20140728234516.j

SikSlayer

And as if on cue, you release another version that fixes everything...........

I am not worthy.

• Like 1

trooper11

Sorry for the late reply, but I updated to the dev build and it did not fix my issue at all.

Plus, I think I'm having the same issue as SikSlayer is describing.  When I go into my 'Television' folder and click on the 'Shows' tab, there is listing of shows and specific seasons of some shows.  So for instance, I see tv shows names/images and I see a bunch of season folders listed (S00, S01, S01, etc, etc).  The season listings do not load an image, so they are just blank spaces.

For the record, the current dev version number I see is: 3.0.5322.40888

SikSlayer

Are there any errant files or folders 'out of the ordinary'?

That turned out to be part of the problem for me, even though in the end, I didn't have to change anything, this issue made it clear that sometimes, having files in there that's not expected seems to complicate things.

Sorry for the late reply, but I updated to the dev build and it did not fix my issue at all.

Plus, I think I'm having the same issue as SikSlayer is describing.  When I go into my 'Television' folder and click on the 'Shows' tab, there is listing of shows and specific seasons of some shows.  So for instance, I see tv shows names/images and I see a bunch of season folders listed (S00, S01, S01, etc, etc).  The season listings do not load an image, so they are just blank spaces.

For the record, the current dev version number I see is: 3.0.5322.40888

Can you post the same kind of screens he did? Thanks.

trooper11

Alright, here are some screenshots.  The first shows off the issue I described last, with seasons showing up in the show listings.  The next two show an example show's folder structure and then inside a single season folder:

53d72649a17bd_MB1.jpg

Top folder for series (Batman: TAS):

53d726773235f_MB2.jpg

S01 Folder:

53d7269ec1799_MB3.jpg

Metadata folder for S01:

53d726c8dbfec_MB4.jpg