Auto Organize Not Working for new Shows

moviefan
Go to solution Solved by The Baron,

moviefan

Added two new series tonight via my normal method.

Scanned library afterwards.  Then added episodes into my auto organize folder.  Clicked auto organize.  Nothing happened.

Clicked the manual sort button and the TV shows I added no longer appear like the new ones I added previously did.

Something happen with this latest server version that requires adding shows in a different method?

• Solution
The Baron

Did you manually add the particular Season folder into the TV show's folder?

If not, MBS will not move the particular episode(s) into the correct folder.

So, if the show was, for example S01E01 of a series, you need to put the 'Season 1' folder into the series folder.

• Like 1

moviefan

Did you manually add the particular Season folder into the TV show's folder?

If not, MBS will not move the particular episode(s) into the correct folder.

So, if the show was, for example S01E01 of a series, you need to put the 'Season 1' folder into the series folder.

Well, this did indeed work and the shows are populating now.  Thanks for the tip.

When did this become a requirement though?  I've been adding TV series for a while now and have never had to do this extra step.  Do I have to manually add the season folder now for each new season I download or is it just one season folder for MB to start?  What is the purpose of this?

Koleckai Silvestri

You only need to add it for the first use. The server won't pull the series metadata until at least on season folder exists. Once the server has identified the series, it will be available in the auto-organize tool. Additional season folders should be created by the server.

Edited by Wayne Luke