Enable/Disable Subtitles?

hansolo77

hansolo77

Is there anyway to disable subtitles from being displayed when I dont want them to?  My dad/stepmom like to have them turned on for BBC shows, but I dont like them.  The latest versions of the server are now going through and downloading subtitles for everything in my collection, which is fine for them, but how do I turn them off when I want to watch something, and turn them back on again for them?

hansolo77

Are there plans to incorporate some method in the future to do this?  Perhaps with the new player interface since it uses a hook to the pre-existing player?  Like, somehow configuring the subtitles to appear as or emulate Closed Captioning so the player can auto-recognise it?

There is no API to control these in WMC.  So, I would either have to write special code to interact with specific codecs (not likely) or, perhaps, use our streaming API to burn them in (maybe but could result in quality and reliability loss).

hansolo77

Ok.  In the meanwhile until something gets worked out (fingers crossed!) I've just decided to disable to downloading of subtitles and told my folks they'll just have to live with it.  :)