marcelveldt

marcelveldt

The stable version of the skin is available in the official Kodi repo

--> in Kodi just go to add-ons --> skins and install.

BETA-versions

I provide beta versions of the skin on a regular base, these beta versions are hosted on the Emby Kodi repo.

Check this link to get the repo: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/9984-kodi-beta-repo/

Please note: Official Kodi repo only contains (well tested) stable releases. Allthough extended testing is applied to all of my releases, the beta version might contain a small issue because it has the latest set of features. 

Please remember (!!) that the beta version of the skin is a seperate addon which you can install.

You can have both the beta and stable version installed on your system, keep that in mind (actually switch to the beta).

The skin has a very active community on the Kodi forums. As I don't check the Emby forums as often as the Kodi forums the best way to get support and/or stay informed about the latest changes is by checking the Kodi forum:

http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212

If you like this skin and you feel that you would like to help out a little bit then you can buy me a beer :-)

Edited by marcelveldt
  • Like 16

im85288

Hi,

First of all, excellent work on getting another skin xbmb3c compatible. I have not looked at it yet but will give it a try at some point.

I noticed you provided links such as where to install the XBMB3C addon, could you point this only at our repo: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/7194-xbmb3c-gotham-repo/ so that users are not confused as to where to install it from?

Secondly, would you be interested in hosting this modified skin with our other modded skins (available at the link above)? This would make the install procedure for everyone consistent with how we have them now. Just send me a PM if you are interested in this. 

Thanks, and great work.

Edited by im85288

marcelveldt

Hi im85288, thanks for the reply.

I've changed the instructions text and it now points directly to the repo.

Good idea to host the skin in the XBMB3C repo, i'll send you a PM.

• Like 1

jasonmcroy

Wow. This looks promising. I am going to give it a try later when I get home!

-Jason

MrWebsmith

looks great will def try it out... just FYI it is HUGE so hopefully that 329mb per dl isnt an issue for our main repo in terms of hosting...

awesome work, thanks for posting!

snazy2000

We a're sponsered by maxcdn which has kindly given us free hosting becuase were open source :) unlimited space and bandwidth :D

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• Like 1

snazy2000

Though bet that could be shrunk down if he looked at all the files maybe compress images

im85288

We're looking to get it hosted in the next day or so, let's get it hosted first and see if there are any issues before thinking about compressing etc :)

snazy2000

Still pretty large though some.people may not want to download becuase of size :/

im85288

To be fair the size of the skin is hidden from the user when installing from the repo... For example there is Eminence at approx 15mb then Xperience1080++ at approx 135mb! As a user installing from the repo I don't think anyone should concern themselves on those details.

marcelveldt

As i intend not to maintain 2 versions of the skin I'm making some changes to it right now so XBM3C mode is used by default (and can be optionally disabled on a per-item base).

The size is because of the (very nice) weather-backgrounds which changes based on current conditions. I'm going to take a look to make the overall size smaller, first guess is I can bring it down to about 150mb, maybe even more.

• Like 1

im85288

Cool, for the weather backgrounds it may be better to simply have users install their own (to reduce the package size considerably). Most skins let you set the weather fanart directory and for some really cool ones I recommend using these: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=183341 which are more accurate on current conditions than the older ones used to be.

xnappo

Sure, just set up MPC-HC as an external player. Personally I think the built in player with reclock is just as good, but I am not very picky.

xnappo

psykix

You can use external players with XBMC...

Really? Always thought MadVR was a no-no with XBMC.

I like the combination of MBT player with MadVR since I get the nice overlay and resume ability but great pic quality.

I do like XBMC though - it's a tinkerers dream :-)

psykix

Ooh.. It's like Mediaportal Titan skin :-)

Nice work :-)

If I didn't need MadVR then I'd have been giving XBMC/XBMB3C a whirl!

xnappo

@marcelveldt - curious how long this took you and what your previous skinning experience was?

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

jasonmcroy

I installed this skin today and I am not having very much luck with it so far.

The tiles on the home screen seem to show up fine and show with appropriate images from my files on the server. However, when I select the Movies tile or the music tile it takes me to the XBMB3C addon instead of the files. If I select the TV Series tile it correctly takes me to my TV Shows.

I also use Live TV. When I select the Live TV tile and the screen comes up and just shows me the default background screen with nothing on it and I can't then back out of the screen or do anything. I have to pull up the task manager and it shows the XBMC is not responding and I have to manually exit out of it. 

Here is the log file from the XBMC folder. Let me know if you need anything else.

http://pastebin.com/xwyypMsA

-Jason

Edited by jasonmcroy

marcelveldt

@@marcelveldt - great stuff. i'd like to give you access so that you can write up a blog post about this. sound good?

Hi Luke, great idea! I'll write you a blog post how to setup the ideal mediacenter ;-)

marcelveldt

I installed this skin today and I am not having very much luck with it so far.

The tiles on the home screen seem to show up fine and show with appropriate images from my files on the server. However, when I select the Movies tile or the music tile it takes me to the XBMB3C addon instead of the files. If I select the TV Series tile it correctly takes me to my TV Shows.

I also use Live TV. When I select the Live TV tile and the screen comes up and just shows me the default background screen with nothing on it and I can't then back out of the screen or do anything. I have to pull up the task manager and it shows the XBMC is not responding and I have to manually exit out of it. 

Here is the log file from the XBMC folder. Let me know if you need anything else.

http://pastebin.com/xwyypMsA

-Jason

Hi Jason, I've been busy the last days with the skin and an updated version is available within the next few hours. This fixes the liveTV issue and the skin is now fully XBMB3C aware meaning that it's by default a XBMB3C skin if the plugin is detected at install. Just allow me a few more hours to completely test it.

About the music and movie tile.... I'm thinking it's a bug in latest XBMB3C version. The same thing happens to me. What the tile basically does is opening XBMB3C for the "All Movies" (xbmb3c.std.movies.0) category, that doesn't seem to work anymore. Can you try to open the XBMB3C plugin manually from the video-addons page and then select "All Movies" category ?

If i'm right then you'll see a script error occuring in the left top of the screen.

I've just tried this with other skins and they have the same issue so maybe someone of the XBMB3C developers can assist ?

marcelveldt

@marcelveldt - curious how long this took you and what your previous skinning experience was?

xnappo

Hi Xnappo,

I'm fairly new to XBMC skin developing but I have a lof of experience in frontend application design (and user interaction), mainly XAML (WPF) applications so it didn't take me long to understand XBMC's skinning basics. For this theme I didn't do all the work myself. A skinner on the XBMC forum did the initial port of the Titan skin from Mediaportal to XBMC but that wasn't a finished project. I basically took off where he left and finished the job including integrating a lot of my own ideas in it. Been working on it lots of hours in the last month or so.

Edited by marcelveldt

jasonmcroy

Hi Jason, I've been busy the last days with the skin and an updated version is available within the next few hours. This fixes the liveTV issue and the skin is now fully XBMB3C aware meaning that it's by default a XBMB3C skin if the plugin is detected at install. Just allow me a few more hours to completely test it.

About the music and movie tile.... I'm thinking it's a bug in latest XBMB3C version. The same thing happens to me. What the tile basically does is opening XBMB3C for the "All Movies" (xbmb3c.std.movies.0) category, that doesn't seem to work anymore. Can you try to open the XBMB3C plugin manually from the video-addons page and then select "All Movies" category ?

If i'm right then you'll see a script error occuring in the left top of the screen.

I've just tried this with other skins and they have the same issue so maybe someone of the XBMB3C developers can assist ?

Glad to hear you are aware of this and it isn't just me! :-)

I will test what you are talking about when I get home later.

I always liked this skin when I used to use Media Portal. I am very happy to see it coming over for use with XBMC.

Thanks for your quick response and work!

-Jason

marcelveldt

Hi Jason,

I fixed my issue with the "All movies" section of the plugin... Apparently it was a server-issue. In my case I have re-installed MediaBrowser server and this time I didn't install the CoverArt plugin.

Now it's working fine again. Are you using CoverArt plugin ? Still not having Music library, need to sort that one out too.

Macburp

Hi Jason,

I fixed my issue with the "All movies" section of the plugin... Apparently it was a server-issue. In my case I have re-installed MediaBrowser server and this time I didn't install the CoverArt plugin.

Now it's working fine again. Are you using CoverArt plugin ? Still not having Music library, need to sort that one out too.

So, am I right in thinking that the skin is not compatible with Cover Art right now? That's a bit of a deal breaker for me, sorry. Other than that, this looks like a very nice skin.