Problem Viewing MBT on second screen

scanner50

scanner50

This is actually a continuation of my posts over on this thread, just thought I'd start a new one with a more descriptive title so my issue might get better visibility. I have seen MBT get updated since Aphid posted there, but the problem continues for me. This on Windows 8.1.1 x64 with Nvidia Geforce card drivers 340.52. MBT is version 3.0.5324.37475. Both screens 1080p.

Anyway, here are my symptoms if I move MBT to the second screen and go fullscreen:

- MBT slightly juts out onto the main screen

- hamburger icon menu slides out from right side of main screen rather than second one

- when opening MBT again, it blacks out second screen and opens on main screen. Windowing it sends it back to the second screen again.

I hope this gets fixed soon. It's the only thing holding me back from replacing XBMC with MBT on my PC for good (already use MBS and the apps for all my other devices).

Edited by rainking430

Lawrage

Hey rainking430,

Just tested on my machine (Windows 8.1 x64) with, dual monitor, one 1080p, the other a different resolution. Can move MBT from one monitor to the other and maximise with no issue. Close and reopen and MBT will start on the screen that it was last loaded on.

Am running 3.0.5325.38448 if that helps.

scanner50

Thanks for the heads up Lawrage! That's weird, though, I've updated to 3.0.5327.40705 and still have all the same issues I've posted above. Maybe it's a problem with my particular setup?

How do you have your second screen attached? Mine is a TV attached to my PC via HDMI through an Onkyo receiver. And what graphics card are you using?

It seems to not matter what resolutions are of either screen or which one is primary, my symptoms persist. Very frustrating. I love MBT otherwise but this one thing makes it unuseable for me.

Lawrage

Was just testing on the pc, two monitors plugged directly into the PC (not going through a receiver), might not be a bad idea to try without the receiver just to make sure that isnt the issue here.

If I get time this weekend il move my pc to the lounge and try replicate this going through the receiver (Denon), will let you know how this goes.

scanner50

might not be a bad idea to try without the receiver just to make sure that isnt the issue here.

Ok so I noticed that MBT was updated to 3.0.5334.21981 so I thought I'd try this again, and no go. I also tried it with the PC plugged directly into the TV, and the problem is still there. So doesn't seem related to the receiver being part of the chain.

If I get time this weekend il move my pc to the lounge and try replicate this going through the receiver (Denon), will let you know how this goes.

I would really like to hear what you find if you do this. Maybe it's a TV thing. Unfortunately I don't have a second monitor lying around to test this out on.

Edited by rainking430

• 3 weeks later...
scanner50

Ok, so I finally got the chance to try this on another PC, actually a laptop with HDMI out. Although it seems MBT's one edge still juts into the primary screen, everything behaves as it should. So it must be something with my desktop PC's setup. Both PCs are using Windows 8.1.1 x64 with MBT 3.0.5355.20270. The only probably relevant difference in hardware is that the laptop is using Intel integrated graphics, whereas my desktop PC that is having the above problems is using an Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 graphics card with the latest 340.52 drivers.

I am still really hoping someone can nail this bug down, I am itching to switch to MBT.

Edited by rainking430

I see this exact same behavior on my multi-monitor setup and have since the very early days of MBT so I don't think it is something with your configuration.

scanner50

I see this exact same behavior on my multi-monitor setup and have since the very early days of MBT so I don't think it is something with your configuration.

Thanks for posting that, glad I am not the only one. What's your graphics adapter, is it an Nvidia card?