Relocating System Paths

TolkienBard

TolkienBard

So whoever designed the partitions on this computer that I bought seems to have been thinking in reverse. The C drive partition on my 1TB internal drive has been partitioned to only 150 GB. MB server was installed on the C drive partition. Here's my problem. Between MB Server and MBT, I have a shade over 24 GB of data located at C:Users\Me\AppData\Roaming...

I've been trying to not have things save to C drive. For instance, music and photos go to D drive, likewise my documents. Now,I found where to create an alternate path of metadata in the metadata advanced settings, but is there some way to have all of that data go to D instead, and not just the metadata? The metadata only accounts for a small portion of all those GB of data. I would like to just cut/paste the two \Roaming locations over to a D drive location, but I still need to tell MB where the new location is, both for reading and writing data in the future.

TolkienBard

I'm not trying to be dense or anything. But I looked there. I don't have the option to change paths in the dashboard/advanced, at least, not that I see. The only place I found to change settings is in metadata/advanced, but that's only one path.

This is a screenshot of my dashboard under the advanced tab.

53dafdef3b137_Screenshot6.png

metadata -> advanced

advanced -> transcoding

library -> advanced

different parts of the application have their own path settings

TolkienBard

I was able to move the Cache path as well. But that still leaves images, logs, and transcoding all going to the C drive.

TolkienBard

metadata -> advanced

advanced -> transcoding

library -> advanced

different parts of the application have their own path settings

Ah, Okay, I'll figure it out. I was thinking about it wrong apparently.

TolkienBard

Sorry for the misinformation.  Apparently these got moved around recently.

No worries. I think I have it all worked out now. I'll be glad when I get the new server built later this month. I won't be worrying about this sort of thing then, at least, I doubt I will.

• 2 months later...

All the images and info are for older version, but i guess you get the general idea.

Names keep changing but not sure what i really moved. Will have to just keep looking at it and see where the new data is going.