Organizing Libraries on different hard drives

pmichener1954
Go to solution Solved by blade005,

pmichener1954

I am currently storing all libraries on external harddrives and the recorded tv library now spans two different harddrives.  How can I configure Media Browser 3 to combine these two libraries in Media Browser Classic.

• Like 1

• Solution
blade005

I have my RECORDED TV libraries across 3 or 4 hard drives.

I added a MEDIA FOLDER in the Library called (my DVR • Television). I also have one for RECORDED Movies (my DVR • Movies).

I created shared folders named RECORDED TV - Share 1, Share 2, Share 3... that include the various folders for each TV Series recorded.  I then added the shares in the MEDIA LOCATION of the entry for (my DVR • Television). That gives me one location in the various clients to go to for DVR Television shows.

• Like 1

Vidman

One limitation with this tho is that if you have episodes of the same series but spread over different hard drives , they will show as two separate series(with the same name) in MBS

blade005

One limitation with this tho is that if you have episodes of the same series but spread over different hard drives , they will show as two separate series(with the same name) in MBS

True.

As my DVR library has grown (can't seem to Watch and Delete as fast as I can DVR!!), I try my best to keep Series on one drive and I also have each series in a Network folder and do my best to keep Networks on one drive. At least that gives me a shot at keeping series intact and I can move an entire Network folder over to a new drive if capacity becomes an issue.

swhitmore

A lot of users use storage pooling software to view several hard drives as one volume. FlexRAID is highly recommended for this.

CBers

A lot of users use storage pooling software to view several hard drives as one volume. FlexRAID is highly recommended for this.

As is Drive Bender ;)

• Like 1

Yes, I highly recommend some sort of storage pooling solution.Simplifies a lot of things.