Display issues

roberthleeii

roberthleeii

My videos don't play full screen anymore. They have black bars on all 4 sides. The ui for mbt takes up the full screen, it is just the videos that play smaller, not cropped the whole video appears to be there. It plays like this on two different computers with mbt and the videos play full screen in the other clients.

A8HTPC

If your playing DVD movies, this is a known issue. Enabling or disabling MadVR works in most cases. Give it a shot.

I have this issue as well.  Tried enabling MadVR but my graphics card isn't up to that, so it plays the right size, but stutters a lot.  Also have the same issue in my Roku client and MadVR isn't going to help there.

Is anyone looking at fixing this problem?  I really don't want to have to buy a new graphics card just to work around a software bug.

(BTW The Roku client I am using is the one with the blue background on the icon)

Edited by JBone

Koleckai Silvestri

Turn off the custom video renderer in the XML configuration file. You can find the file in the %appdata%/mediabrowser-theater/config folder. Search for custom in the file and change true to false on that line. 

For the Roku client, I would suggest upgrading to the new beta. Version 1.23, I think. It has a black icon.

Edited by Wayne Luke

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I am no further forward.

There are 2 xml files in that folder, I assume you mean the system.xml.  I have searched both files for custom and only find UseCustomPresenter which makes no difference whether it is enabled or not.  I am using Version 3.0.5306.32477 of MBT

I have also installed MB V1.23 on the Roku, but it is still playing 480P movies in a small letterbox - same as MBT.