Server unresponsive

twitchstick

twitchstick

I'm currently running mediabrowser server version 3.0.5326.13255.

After some time passes by, usually a few hours, my server becomes unresponsive and I can't figure out what it is. I'm attaching a log and hope that a solution can be found. This problem that has been occuring often and it's making it impossible to watch anything via chromecast because movies or tv shows will just stop streaming in the middle because of this bug. 

server-63542512644.txt

twitchstick

I use XMBC and mediabrowser and that will work. But after a show or movie ends, it says unable to connect to host sometimes

I'm experiencing the exact same issue - watch something and then server becomes unresponsive.

Me too when playing from XBMC.

ESO223

I'm having the same problem after the latest update. I watch using MBC and it's not after every video that it stops responding, but at least once every 12 hours it stops. I've also noticed that several of the processes (like auto-organize) work fine when manually run, but aren't running at their set interval (i.e. every 5 minutes), not sure if that's somehow related to this problem. Is it worth doing a complete uninstall/reinstall possibly to see if that fixes what's going on?

DeRo77

Same here, after the latest client update of MB classic the server is not responding every 1,5 - 2.5 hours.  Server is a W7x64 box (workgroup)

After a restart of MB server (context menu on icon) it works fine for a couple of hours.

Guessing the same error here on latest. I had to restart the server this morning & all looked OK. Now I am unable to connect to the server remotely after a few hours.

Will need to check log when I get home.

ESO223

Any thoughts on what could possibly be the cause? Seems like a few of us are having this issue, anything similar? I'm also running W764bit, having the auto-organize bug, and have tried to restart several times and am on the current beta (5326.13255).

ESO223

Here's all of my logs from today. Must've happened 2-3 times. Most recent restart was server-63542769090.txt, so the unresponsive log would've been server-63542744688.txt. But it happened earlier as well. I figure it's easier to post all as it may be a few hours before it happens again and I may or may not catch it until hours later.

logs.zip

ESO223

Are those logs indicative of a problem? It's happened several times today and I can watch for it to happen again and just post the most recent too if need be.

ginjaninja

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84611964/server-63543052800.txt

my server was unresponsive for the first time today.

chrome just sits there saying 'loading' but never times out when i try to bring up the dashboard.

i notice that there was a read only file in the autoorganise folder which generated lots of log traffic.....

my autoorganise is configured to overwrite files, and i think that i added a file to autoorganise which was alredy present in collection..Wilfred S04E08

** the duplicate already in collection was marked read only***

a txt file in the same folder as wilfred s04e08 (in autoorganise) is read only.

my autoorganise folder is also part of the collection (so i can view files which havent been autoorganised for whatever reason)

Edited by ginjaninja

mediacowboy

I'm not sure if this is the same issue but I've noticed this every time I stop a video. Attached are my logs.

logs.zip

Edited by mediacowboy

mediacowboy

Out of curiosity when the server becomes in responsive what client? I have now watched stuff from two different roku's and no issue. One inside the network one external will test more tomorrow.

Edited by mediacowboy

ESO223

For my set up, it's usually after watching something in MB Classic. However, I've had it go unresponsive after using the webclient too and also if it's unresponsive and I restart it in the morning and don't watch anything and I come back after like 10 hours and it will need to be restarted too. So, sometimes it's unresponsive after not watching anything... It's very frustrating.

ESO223

Downloading it now. It'll probably be at least a few hours before I get a chance to notice if it's stopped responding or not. I'll let you know then.

ESO223

It's been a few hours. I've watched several items (through different clients), navigated the menus, run several processes, and more. Seems to be staying up and not having the non-responsive problems as before. Thanks for fixing it! Hopefully it works for others too.

ESO223

Well maybe I spoke too soon. Woke up this morning and found the server to be unresponsive again (~12 hours of running). It had been running very fast and gave me no problems watching or running processes all night, so I don't have any insight as to what caused it. I have the logs, but the uploader tells me the file is too big to attach (it's a .zip under 1MB).