Reinstall Server OS - Keep watched status

Lawrage

Lawrage

Hi All,

As the title says I am wanting to upgrade the server OS, from 7 to 2012, this will require a full reinstall along with reinstalling Media Browser Server.

One thing I wanted to check before starting the upgrade, is there anyway for me to preserve my watch status of all the media?

Cheers,

John.

find the userdata.db folder in the server's program data directory. copy that and make sure you setup your users with the same user names.

• 1 month later...
feardamhan

Hey John

How did your upgrade get on? I'm interested in the same situation, but am considering moving the vital MB3 files to a network share (and aliasing the directories locally) so that any future rebuilds could simply pick up where the previous build left off.

Seems like userdata.db is one key file, as is the system.xml file in the users roaming folder.

Does the userdata.db also hold the library configuration? That doesnt appear to be part of the system.xml

Hi feardamhan,

I backed up the entire "data" folder where the userdata.db (well, I could only find userdata_v2.db so I hope it is the same thing) sits in case there is anything else that I need.

My OS is installed, and I am currently patching it then will do the Media Browser installation a bit later today and hopefully I will have all the vitals.

Update: I stopped the Media Browser service, replaced userdata_v2.db, and also copied userdata_v1.db.bakuserdata_v2.db-shm, and userdata_v2.db-wal, restarted the service, and it does not remember what was watched.

you need to make sure your users are named identically how they were before, case-sensitive. or port the users.db file as well

you need to make sure your users are named identically how they were before, case-sensitive. or port the users.db file as well

My users were named exactly the same, but, after replacing the users.db file it worked, thanks.

feardamhan

thanks guys. And which one of those holds the library information? Or should one just move the entire data directory in my scenario?