Invalid User or Password Entered

ms_1

So this has been happening for a quite a while now any time I try to enter a new password for a new user or existing user in web UI. Only way to add a new user is if I give it no password.

This is me using my Admin profile that was created at server install. This admin profile also now has no password as I attempted to change it at one point, but got this error so then had to save the profile with no password.

Version 3.0.5326.13255

Attached is pic & log. Log was cleared out, then I just attempted the password change. Please let me know if the log is needed from startup.

any ideas?

Thanks!

server-63542775375.txt

post-4089-0-55216100-1407197604_thumb.png

login from the machine running the server and you should be able to get in without a password. from there you can reset it

this is via the machine running the server.

edit to add: not running server as a service.

Edited by ms_1

ah ha...your response finally prompted me to try a different browser for some reason.

Firefox appeared to be the culprit.

Firefox 31.0 results in error changing passwords.

IE 11 allows me to successfully change passwords.

well done, although i just tested FF myself and had no issue. I think if there were a widespread problem we'd have a real big issue on our hands in terms of number of people reporting it. I'll keep an eye out for it though.

Deathsquirrel

I just installed the server software.  I've created a couple of user accounts.  When I attempt to add a password to those accounts I get the message "Invalid user or password entered".  I'm using version 3.0.5326.13255.

This happens with all accounts I've created.  I've tried different password formats, including the same passwords I'd used on the same accounts only yesterday before I uninstalled and reinstalled.

The log shows this:

2014-08-08 11:09:33.1736 Debug - HttpServer: HTTP POST http://media-pc:8096/mediabrowser/Users/7ae39702177807ab58138da9a6d7d855/Password
2014-08-08 11:09:33.1736 Info - UserManager: Authentication request for Adults has been denied.
2014-08-08 11:09:33.1892 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
    Invalid user or password entered.
    System.ArgumentException
       at MediaBrowser.Api.UserService.Post(UpdateUserPassword request)
       at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object )
       at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceExec`1.<>c__DisplayClass6.<CreateExecFn>b__5(Object service, Object request)
       at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1.Execute(IRequest request, Object instance, TRequest requestDto)

2014-08-08 11:09:33.1892 Error - HttpServer: Error processing request for /mediabrowser/Users/7ae39702177807ab58138da9a6d7d855/Password
    Invalid user or password entered.
    ServiceStack.HttpError
    No Stack Trace Available

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...