Audio Volume Issue

leebo

So I did search, but did not find any thread complaining of my exact issue. Having said that, I find it difficult to believe that no one has had this problem.

I'm using both MBT Version 3.0.5327.40705, and MBC 3.0.196.0 7-19.1 for playback on a Win 7 64 machine.

When using MBT, the audio level is MUCH lower than when watching the exact same file with MBC. However, FF and RW do NOT work in MBC, So I find myself using MBT more, since I can RW to hear something I might have missed (or just want to hear again if I'm watching Veep).

I thought perhaps the audio level had to do with a setting in the Lav Audio filter, but I don't see anything it could be.

I would be happy to either fix this audio level issue in MBT, or the FF/RW issue in MBC. Right now I'm having to settle, no matter which one I use.

Any suggestions?

Latchmor

Hi, I could be way off here but I had audio level issues a while ago when my soundbar wasn't receiving bitstreamed audio. Without going into specifics, do you have an amp/receiver/soundbar in your setup? If so is MBT bitstreaming audio?

Yes, and I don't know. I have the bitstream box checked in the LAV audio filter. I tried unchecking it, but I didn't hear any difference.

Here's another description of my issue:

With Windows volume at 100%, any file played using MBC is as loud as it is using pretty much any other media player (all things being equal). But the same file played using MBT is significantly lower in volume.

Not sent from a browser. Keep it to yourself though.

Getumzz

Try this.....

Sounds -> Playback

Mark and open Properties for your output channel.

Go to Enhancements and check "Loudness Equalization"

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Try this.....

Sounds -> Playback

What do you mean by "mark"? Is there a box to check?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Wow - Thanks MrDon.

That fixed it for me. This had been annoying me for ages. i had forgotten to look at my sound/Playback Device settings.  :)

I have had the same issue with MBT since I installed it. I've checked every setting recommended. No changes. I've got XBMB3C running with the Titan skin, WMC, and Netflix streaming through a chrome browser. All of those volumes are the same. When I start MBT the volume is significantly lower. It really is no big deal because it's an easy fix, turn up the volume on my AV receiver. I just don't like 'not knowing why'

Glyde62

Try this.....

Sounds -> Playback

Where are these settings in Theatre?, No Sounds menu in mine

Mr. Don wasn't clear. He's taking about Windows sound properties, not a MBT setting. Check the speaker icon in your system tray.

I enabled this on my system, but it didn't seem to increase the volume at all.

Not sent from a browser. Keep it to yourself though.

@@Glyde62.

for Win 8.1: r-click Vol Control in systray : playback devices : playback : default device : properties : enhancements : tick "Loudness Equalisation"

cheers

• Like 2