Shortlist

chopwood

chopwood

For people like me, that use Media Browser to browse their DVD collection and not a lot else, I've always thought a shortlist would be a massive improvement.

So you're browsing through some movies with the missus or friends.....

Cant quite decide what to watch..... as you're scrolling through, you think "maybe that one".

By the time you get to the end, you've forgotten what the possible choices were.

If they'd been added to a shortlist as you were going through, you simply review the shortlist and hit play on the final choice.

Any takers? 

• Like 6

Cheesegeezer

For people like me, that use Media Browser to browse their DVD collection and not a lot else, I've always thought a shortlist would be a massive improvement.

So you're browsing through some movies with the missus or friends.....

Cant quite decide what to watch..... as you're scrolling through, you think "maybe that one".

By the time you get to the end, you've forgotten what the possible choices were.

If they'd been added to a shortlist as you were going through, you simply review the shortlist and hit play on the final choice.

Any takers? 

Ok so I've had a play with this and I have it all working fine in Xenon Theme for MBC. I have only a couple of problems and I could do with user input here....

1. How to add the item to the Shortlist.  Do we use a remote button such as GREEN (@@ebr is this button mapped to anything in MBC) or have a menu pop up to ask if you want to add item to shortlist or enter item. 

2. What to display on a poster and a list item. I thought of adding an overlay to the full poster with the shortlist icon or adding a corner ribbon, similar to the missing/future ones when the item is added and the shortlist icon to the left handside of the title , however if you try to add an item to the list that is already in there you get a message saying it's in there.

Anyways here's some images for you

SHORTLIST ICON

Idiyty6.png

SHORTLIST

JtcXlYl.png

CLEAR SHORTLIST OPTION

U81wPCv.png

EMPTY SHORTLIST

3wT8m2M.png

ALREADY ADDED NOTIFICATION

enU893v.png

• Like 4

Add the option to the context menu.

Although, really, this should be a server feature...

chopwood

Hey, just wanted to say fair play to the Devs on here. Cheesegeezer, you picked that up pretty quick man!

The vision I had, would be for it as a client feature. It's not really for sharing or saving forever. Just a feature to help pick something to watch there and then on a per-user basis... But you guys are the boss.

Adding it via the context menu, definitely the way to go. Personally, I use the green button to switch to my CCTV client. 

As for reviewing it and seeing what's in your list, those screenshots look great.

Looking forward to this :D

heesegeezer

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Hey, just wanted to say fair play to the Devs on here. Cheesegeezer, you picked that up pretty quick man!

The vision I had, would be for it as a client feature. It's not really for sharing or saving forever. Just a feature to help pick something to watch there and then on a per-user basis... But you guys are the boss.

Adding it via the context menu, definitely the way to go. Personally, I use the green button to switch to my CCTV client. 

As for reviewing it and seeing what's in your list, those screenshots look great.

Looking forward to this :D

heesegeezer

Yeah i agree that it should be a client feature also, as tomorrow you might be in a different mood. No need to save the list for later viewing. I'm just having a little problem creating a filter for an item to say its in the shortlist and therefore display an icon on/next to the item if you've chosen it. I havent spent much time on it but once thats done i'll release it.

Context menu option is added now, as per ebr's recommendation.

Anyways cheers for the kind words.

Cheese