Last update

dark_slayer

dark_slayer

Greetings,

I noticed the application updated today (or sometime last night), and I am now getting a strange error

Stats

Server 3.0.5326.13255 on W8.1x64

Clients with issue

Openelec Intel x64 4.0.6

XBMC-arm 13.2 on LG G2

Running xbmb3c from repo and Aeon Nox from repo

The issue I'm getting was not present last night (though I'm still only in the testing phase on both clients and not using it as a daily driver just yet)

I have XBMCs video library settings set to "Show Information" and XBMB3C set to "Play"

This was working, and it is pretty neat (to me) since it pulls disc art and people info from MB3s metadata (I have "People" and "Overview" turned OFF in xbmb3c settings per xnappo's notice that the nox skin does this without those settings turned on in xbmb3c)

When starting playback, I get a "Error: Script Failed" notice and a popup saying "One or more items failed to play" where I have to press OK for it to leave the screen. However, the requested file is playing back in the background when those popup :) After I press "OK" the video stops playing ? ? ?

I reproduced this as minimally as possible with info logging, and it happened towards the very end of the log. The log was about 40MB, so I can't upload the whole thing. I took a snip of the beginning and end and put on pastebin

Beginning http://pastebin.com/9FD4n3gC

End http://pastebin.com/sUcNy8yy

xnappo

I don't understand how this is happening, but you are the second person to lose your 'Jump back seconds' setting.   If you look, I think it will be nothing.  Put a '10' is there and see if that fixes it.  I will add error handling for this situation...

xnappo

dark_slayer

Thanks xnappo

Yes, my field was blank. I put a 10 and rebooted, but the issue still exists

Here is the log https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10208838/01_XBMC.log

Here is where I was trying to start an episode of south park (glad to know it's playing from smb -- since I have no user/pass on my media shares)

21:27:44 T:139706151466752  NOTICE: XBMB3C 1 -> Play URL: smb://OLYMPUS/tRAID/TV Shows/South Park/Season 5/South Park - S05E09 - Osama Bin Laden Has Farty Pants.mkv

dark_slayer

In the interim, I can just change the XBMC Settings -> Video -> File Lists -> default select action to resume and everything works, but I lose the nice "show info" screen that pulls in people and disc art. If I could revert to Sunday's version of the app then I could re-test, but I'm over 95% certain that I didn't change this and I was pressing play from the show info screen and everything worked. Consequently, playback is starting, but it's also showing the error. I can't tell what the log is saying specifically, but it looks like this is where the error is popping up . . . it's strange the video still plays afterwards

21:27:49 T:139709090981696   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.xbmb3c/?url=192.168.2.2:8096,;afa95c4daf95b78a27aeac20eee5dea2&mode=12]
21:27:49 T:139705937659648 WARNING: CActiveAEStream::AddData - timeout waiting for buffer, paused: 0, cache time: 0.469333, free buffers: 0

dark_slayer

Not to multiply issues, but I'm also seeing strange behavior when choosing "Show Info" instead of "Play" in XBMB3C Settings

When I toggle that setting, the show info screen doesn't appear unless I have "Show Info" selected in XBMC -> Settings -> Video -> File Lists -> default select action, and it shows up twice. First the default XBMC Aeon Nox Show info screen, and then an "overlay" show info screen where you have to press play again. If I change the XBMC native setting back to "Resume" then neither of the show info screens come up.  :huh: 

• 2 weeks later...
dark_slayer

I'm still having this issue in openelec and now testing in windows

I can only get xbmb3c to work with the system-videos-file lists-default select action set to resume

dark_slayer

All other options fail to play. Though pressing play from the shoe info screen "starts to" play then pops up the error message. (And continues playing in the background until the error is acknowledged, after which it stops playing)

dark_slayer

The show info screen is now pulling in people and overviews in at least nox and titan, also most of the options are missing so I had a feeling the default play button was replaced with "resume" anyway

xnappo

This problem is easy to recreate - I am not actually too familiar with this bit of code but will take a look.

It looks like the path gets resolved, but then the original pointer to the MB3 server item is passed to the player.

xnappo

09:54:44 T:157728  NOTICE: XBMB3C Service -> ADDING_FILE : smb://jupiter/r/Video/Trevor Movies/101 Dalmatians II - Patch's London Adventure (2003)/101 Dalmatians II - Patch's London Adventure (2003).avi
09:54:44 T:157728  NOTICE: XBMB3C Service -> ADDING_FILE : {"smb://jupiter/r/Video/Trevor Movies/101 Dalmatians II - Patch's London Adventure (2003)/101 Dalmatians II - Patch's London Adventure (2003).avi": {'runtime': '42464800000', 'item_id': '55f017da061ab80181dd9d45ccf2c25b', 'watchedurl': 'http://192.168.1.6:8096/mediabrowser/Users/81452d964095cf6c18af19ac559f08c5/PlayedItems/55f017da061ab80181dd9d45ccf2c25b', 'deleteurl': '', 'positionurl': 'http://192.168.1.6:8096/mediabrowser/Users/81452d964095cf6c18af19ac559f08c5/PlayingItems/55f017da061ab80181dd9d45ccf2c25b'}}
09:54:44 T:157728  NOTICE: XBMB3C Service -> Setting position via: http://192.168.1.6:8096/mediabrowser/Users/81452d964095cf6c18af19ac559f08c5/PlayingItems/55f017da061ab80181dd9d45ccf2c25b/Progress?PositionTicks=0
09:54:44 T:157704   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.xbmb3c/?url=192.168.1.6:8096,;55f017da061ab80181dd9d45ccf2c25b&mode=12]

xnappo

Ugh - the evil end of directory problem sigh. I had a lot of problems with this early on.

xnappo

xnappo

@ - I hate this problem.  When the item starts playing, it refreshes the 'Item Info' screen and treats it like a playable item.  Please take a look as I can't remember how to fix it :(  I had this problem a LONG time ago with the normal listing.

@@im85288 - the only changes around this time had to do with the transcoding stuff - but I have looked and don't see how it could cause this :(

Easy to recreate - just hit play from the info screen.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

dark_slayer

Right, thanks for looking into it

The show info screen is missing the youtube trailer link as well as the multiple other options. I thought this was because you modified the show info screen, is that correct? If so, did you leave "Play" or "Resume" as both are usually options in the show info screen on nox

• Like 1

xnappo

Right - I moved to the new info screen mostly to get the cast stuff.  You are right that this doesn't have all the features of the original.  Lets get Playback working again, then we can look into adding resume and trailers.

xnappo

dark_slayer

Right - I moved to the new info screen mostly to get the cast stuff.  You are right that this doesn't have all the features of the original.  Lets get Playback working again, then we can look into adding resume and trailers.

xnappo

Sorry I wasn't clear with my point

What I meant was that if you left "Resume" only - I think it would just work. Play has never worked from the show info screen, but I think Resume used to work fine (I assumed that was because changing XBMC file list setting from Show Info to Resume fixes playback)

Also . . . to pre-empt what you may be thinking, changing the internal XBMC setting back to Resume and the XBMB3C setting to "Show Info" doesn't seem to do anything. Playback just starts without an info screen

I was going about it this way since there seemed to be so much added back to the Nox "Show Info" screen like disc art and people. I really think Resume would work (IIRC in the past it worked as long as you didn't hit play :) and it would still ask about MB3 resume points if they existed)

xnappo

Yes - I could fix it in the skin, but all the other skins are broken too - so need to fix it in the AddOn.

xnappo

dark_slayer

Yes - I could fix it in the skin, but all the other skins are broken too - so need to fix it in the AddOn.

xnappo

Oh, I didn't realize Play was supposed to be working at all ;)

If play is supposed to work from show info, then your System->Videos->File Lists->Default Select Action no longer matters . . . correct?

xnappo

Well, if you have 'default action' set to 'Show Info' then ideally the 'Play' button would either play, or offer the resume dialog.

It is fixable...

xnappo

im85288

@@im85288 - the only changes around this time had to do with the transcoding stuff - but I have looked and don't see how it could cause this :(

xnappo

Hi Chris, yeah I spotted this too the other day when starting to think about implementing local trailer support..no idea how/when it was introduced though and not able to delve into it for a week or two :(

xnappo

Okay - no worries - I'll wait to see if null_pointer has any ideas - I tried a few hacks but can't find a good solution so far.

xnappo

xnappo

Oh - nevermind - Confluence also has the two 'info' screens. 

So - we just need to replace the 'Play' button with what you use in your custom one I think..

xnappo

xnappo

Ok - but what about intercepting the 'i' - can't we just point to the other XML file instead?

@@dark_slayer - so from your point of view, if I add DiscArt etc to the dialog you get configured as null_pointer has his, that is good for you?

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

dark_slayer

The play button on the in built info screen has never worked for me.

This is what I thought since it didn't work for sometime, but there was a brief period of time recently which it did (prior to now, which it sort of works just throws an error message over top of the playing video :) )

Before the skins were as customized as they are now I could use the show info screen along with XBMB3C - I just had to hit "resume" instead of "play" which worked fine

It is not just confluence it is part of the add on so any skin can show the custom info screen.

This is what I am using

Xbmc play action = resume

Xbmb3c play action = show info

I toggled these just now, and previously it was giving me nothing. I must not have been restarting, sorry

This works, but uses the less desirable xbmb3c show info screen (obviously)

Ok - but what about intercepting the 'i' - can't we just point to the other XML file instead?

@@dark_slayer - so from your point of view, if I add DiscArt etc to the dialog you get configured as null_pointer has his, that is good for you?

xnappo

I'd really much more prefer the built in screen for some reasons I can detail

1. I'm not sure that rolling disc art belongs in an add-on xml overlay (or sure if it would work, but if it worked smoothly I would definitely use it)
  2. The dialog does not take up the entire screen like the builtin
  3. When you open the dialog it is transparent (and it takes a few seconds to populate the background, actors, etc so the whole thing looks glitchy -- an opaque dialog would fix a lot of that)
  4. It seems like simply using the builtin show info screen's "resume" function would be easier :P

I looked through the nox github dialog.videoinfo page, but never realized it was over 2k lines :) I'm not sure where the "artwork downloader" links and trailer links were over-ridden. Hopefully this can be the beginning of me digging through some skins to add support though I need a little coaching. We can take it offline though as this really isn't a mainline problem with the way XBMB3C is advertised to work

Oh - nevermind - Confluence also has the two 'info' screens. 

So - we just need to replace the 'Play' button with what you use in your custom one I think..

xnappo

Yep, in each skin that supports it IMO. I know anyone familiar to using MQ5, Nox, Amber, etc would be looking for that, especially since it is already pulling overviews, titles, people, art, etc

xnappo

Yeah - I am saying I think I can make the add-on xml look like the Aeon Nox built-in version.  Each skin can override the built in one.

I'll give it a shot when I get a chance.

xnappo